getting tattooed once I lose 11 lbs

Options
Hi!

I'm 23 yr old female in Centreville va. I'm a full time nanny and part time babysitter. I reallyreally hope to take one course at GMU starting in January

so I decided to lose weight, and it's working, slowly. I recently had a set back because I needed to eat more in order to donate blood. Now I'm ohso focused and determined. Remember, it's not healthy to lose more than 0.5 lbs/week.
I like stretching, yes, stretching for 10-15 mins. I like walking, who doesn't? I love jogging and yoga too. I also love swimming!!

AND I can't wait to get tattooed, my plan is to be done with this weight goal by March, but it's fine if it's April!
-Cheryl

Replies

• lkempe4
    Options
    that is a good idea for incentive!! I'm gonna steal it from you if you don't mind ;)
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people want to permanently mar their bodies in that fashion.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people want to permanently mar their bodies in that fashion.

Then you just don't get it. I highly doubt she sees it as spoiling disfiguring her body, so how about you give her some props for wanting to lose weight, eh?
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Losing 1 to 2 pounds per week is considered healthy. Half a pound a week seems way too low for me. :)
  • KrzyRiver
    KrzyRiver Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo I want that I refuse to get until I loose a little more weight. Definitely plays a role in my motivation. Lol. What are you getting??
  • creams224
    creams224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    that is a good idea for incentive!! I'm gonna steal it from you if you don't mind ;)

awesome! yes, it finally clicked for me when I put my tattoo dream in front of losing weight/getting more healthy
  • creams224
    Options
    Losing 1 to 2 pounds per week is considered healthy. Half a pound a week seems way too low for me. :)

true, saying 0.5 pounds/wk just makes me feel good, helps to see that this journey could be months
  • creams224
    Options
    I have a tattoo I want that I refuse to get until I loose a little more weight. Definitely plays a role in my motivation. Lol. What are you getting??

yes, motivation is key!! I'm getting "for whoever wants to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for me will save it" which is a quote from Luke9.. on my left rib region
  • KrzyRiver
    KrzyRiver Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love that! It's gunna HURT though! Lol. I'm scared to do anything on my ribs.