Turbo Fire Question

Options
I've recently started Turbo Fire..

Unfortunately, my living room has carpet and I find it hard to do most of the pivoting b/c my shoes are getting stuck..and it puts pressure on my knees when that happens.

So, I guess my question is what type of shoes did you find to be the best when you were doing this workout?

The DVD says crosstrainers.... but I want to know your fave brand and style...etc..

THANKS in advance!

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I do it on carpet and just don't pivot so much.
  • paragoneffect
    paragoneffect Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire for two months barefoot on my carpet. The only time I wear shoes is when the resistance bands are needed around my feet.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I normally do it on my living room rug and don't have any problems pivoting. I wear the New Balance Minimus Shoes. Love them. Oh, and my rug is fairly thin so that probably helps too.
  • MKPRN
    MKPRN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that you can wrap duct tape around your shoes at the balls of your feet. This helps give you a little more slide on the carpet.
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    I do Turbo, Chalean X, etc all BAREFOOT. Ever since I started martial arts I've discovered that I love working out barefoot. Try it! And good luck!
  • lucyclementmiller
    lucyclementmiller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chalean just posted on her facebook about Nike Lunar (http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:156592/sku:43839601/nike-lunarswift-+-2-womens/pink/black/?cm=GLOBAL+SEARCH:+KEYWORD+SEARCH#sku=43839601) being her current favorite shoe to do Turbo in... I just bought them! :)
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Except for the workouts where I need to wrap a resistance band around my foot, I do them in my socks, I found in my trainers on carpet I was having the same problems.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've done it barefoot and in socks and I don't so much like it barefoot because I find it too slippery. But I did get the Nike lunar and I love it