FRUSTRATED... does this look like 22.9 BMI to you??

Options
2»

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    ?? I do not get it.
    me either. you look great.
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. :)

If you're curious about what some other people look like at around your weight and height: http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • StacyLynn8241
    Options
    We are all our own worse critics, but be assured that you look FANTASTIC!!!! I cannot wait to be your size :happy:
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    What specifically do you think looks bad in this photo??
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!! Sometimes we judge ourselves to hard.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 lbs (from 165 down to 144) and a lot of the time I don't see a difference. Even though it's 21 lbs, almost 13% of my previous body weight, it's easy to still focus on the things you're not happy with yet. I know ther IS a difference, other people see it and logically I can see it too, but emotionally a lot of times I still feel like 165.

You really look great in that photo. My next mini-goal is 137 b/c that's what I weighed right before I got pregnant with my first baby. Can't wait to get there. :-)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are seeing. . sometimes we are our biggest critics. . You look absolutely fabulous!:bigsmile:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Can I say that bmi means NOTHING to me? I focus on body fat percentage. Also, you look fine! You look just around 137 like you are! Everyone holds weight differently and I think it's awesome you've gotten closer to your goals! Don't let one picture deter you from continuing in your efforts.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I think you look great, but I know where you're coming from. We both have round faces and hold our weight in our upper body, so we look bigger in pictures than we do in real life -- it sucks, but it happens. I look at least 30 pounds heavier in pictures that don't have my arms from EXACTLY the right angle!
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I can say "ditto" on everyone's response to you but add: 115 as a goal is TOO THIN for someone your height. Ramp up on exercise and eat healthy: lots of protein (as the body need protein to heal and repair), vegetables, some fruit and stay away from sugar and grains (as they turn into sugar in the body and create bloat and weight gain). I'm liking what I see more and more when I look in the mirror because I exercise regularly and eat healthy. I weigh more (because of the muscle mass) but I'm smaller and my clothes look better.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, I think you look great, but I know where you're coming from. We both have round faces and hold our weight in our upper body, so we look bigger in pictures than we do in real life -- it sucks, but it happens. I look at least 30 pounds heavier in pictures that don't have my arms from EXACTLY the right angle!

That's exactly the problem! When I smile my face looks so round... Lol!! Even my husband said something about it... He was like "I don't know what it is about you and cameras, but you look way smaller in real life!" lol

Thanks for the encouragement everyone... I guess I had unrealistic expectations for looking noticeably different, but I guess it is just too soon to tell!
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You look fit, I must say I may not sound encouraging because I feel exactly like you right now, I've lost some weight, and in some pics is like really? my arms look massive and all that, I'm now in 137 or 136, aiming at might be 120, and hoping I'll look slimmer on pics then, or at least look as fit as I feel, also hubby is telling me that I'm looking all fit then a pic like this comes and I say "What the hell?" "Should I bother keep going?". YES... You should, don't give up, it'll be sooner than you think when you'll see a pic of you and you'll think "gosh, I look skinny on that one" :D.
  • KarenPostmus
    Options
    You really are worried about nothing - you look awesome:)