Low Calorie, Low Fat Pumpkin Pie Recipe-YUM!

Options
smlamb33
smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
This is delicious!! I used the recipe on the can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin and altered it by substituting egg beaters for eggs, Splenda for sugar, almond milk for sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice for cinnamon, ginger and cloves (which is basically pumpkin pie spice when mixed together). I found the lowest calorie ready made pie crust and viola! Hope you like it! Even my hubby who doesn't like "diet" food, ate it and couldn't tell the difference from the real thing! :smile:

1 - Pillsbury Deep Dish Pie Crust

1- 15 oz Can of Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin

1/2 cup - Egg Beaters

3 TBSP. - Mccormick - Pumpkin Pie Spice

1 Cup - Almond Breeze - Dairy - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

1 tsp. - Baker's - Imitation Vanilla Flavor

1 cup - Splenda

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Allow 20 minutes for the frozen pie crust to thaw. While the pie crust is thawing and the oven is pre heating, mix together pumpkin, Splenda, almond milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, egg beaters and salt. Mix thoroughly, pour into thawed pie crust. Place aluminum foil around the edges of the crust to keep them getting overly browned. Place pie into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes more. Cool for 1 -2 hours then cut into 8 servings. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

Nutrition:

1 Serving = 144 calories
19g carbs
6g fat
2g fiber
4g protein

Replies

• LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I never knew you could use almond milk instead of condensed! I'm low carb, so this sounds awesome (minus the crust, but I have my own recipe for that!). Thanks!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    BUMP to all things pumpkin :smile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. . This sounds fantastic.:bigsmile:
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I never knew you could use almond milk instead of condensed! I'm low carb, so this sounds awesome (minus the crust, but I have my own recipe for that!). Thanks!

I didn't know how the almond milk would work either but, I took a chance and it was awesome!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    bump - want to try this. Thanks for sharing!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    If you don't m mind sharing I'd love to know what you use for a low carb crust.
  • dotmertsky
    Options
    what do you mean by bump - is that a good thing???

I see a lot of people referring to bump
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yum. Yeah - please share low carb crust. Is it almonds or something?
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy and even better than my low-fat, low-calories recipe..
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by bump - is that a good thing???

I see a lot of people referring to bump

Ha Ha - I had to ask too and yes it is a good thing. My understanding is that people respond with Bump to bump the post to the top so they can come back to it or find it on their home page.
  • celmes11
    celmes11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump, I am doing desserts for Thanksgiving this year so this is great!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    sounds delish! :D
  • poutinEeyore
    poutinEeyore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yum1 I'll have to try this.
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump...I think I read that bump means 'bring up my post'...just a way to refer back to something you read later.
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump - Sounds fantastic! Thanks for posting. I love pumpkin anything. :)
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yay!! This is awesome. I will definitely be making this. Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • yadicarter
    Options
    bump! sounds wonderful and I will definitely have to try it, was thinking I was going to have to pass up Pumpkin pie this year
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Sorry, all, I just saw the requests for the low carb pie crust now. I use Carbalose-- a flour substitute that I buy from Netrition.com. The recipe I follow is just 1 cup of carbalose, 1/2 cup of almond meal, 1/2 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of shortening (or you can use just 3/4 cup of butter or lard if you prefer not to use shortening) and about 1/4 cup of ice cold water and prepare it like you would a traditional pie crust. :)
  • merryfaith
    merryfaith Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We typically use kuner's (libby's as a substitute if we can't find it) and follow the recipe on the kuner's can (even if we are using libby's--we have it saved as a word document, that's how much my family loves that recipe!) and make or own crusts. We always make more than one pie, too. Maybe I'll make this one as a low cal version and do a taste test between the two? Hmm.

Thank you for sharing!! Pumpkin pie is my favorite :)
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    OH, cool! Planned to do the shopping today, but I have to add some of those to my list.
    I was going to pick up a store made one, but this is very helpful.
    And to think, all my bf's begging paid off! We can both have a Halloween treat now ;D