Okay..now I am playing head games with myself

Options
I got up yesterday morning and got my 3/4 cup of Cheerios and they looked so small and lonely in the big bowl. I almost added some to them thinking there is no way this could be a full serving. I went to WalMart and bought a set of those kid sized bowls and plates and used the tiny bowl today and it looks much better. Silly huh? I guess whatever works. :bigsmile:

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I got up yesterday morning and got my 3/4 cup of Cheerios and they looked so small and lonely in the big bowl. I almost added some to them thinking there is no way this could be a full serving. I went to WalMart and bought a set of those kid sized bowls and plates and used the tiny bowl today and it looks much better. Silly huh? I guess whatever works. :bigsmile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I saw on tv recently that dish sizes have expanded in recent years, and therefore, so have our waist sizes.
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    what a good idea! i am so using it!:happy:
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use tiny spoons! They make me savor the food I eat, and they make desserts last longer :)
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    We have been using the salad plates for our meals for so long, using a dinner plate seems odd now. I think a lot of weight loss is a head game. I know my workouts are too - at 1 mile, I can... After 30 min... You gotta do what works for you!
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    We have been using the salad plates for our meals for so long, using a dinner plate seems odd now. I think a lot of weight loss is a head game. I know my workouts are too - at 1 mile, I can... After 30 min... You gotta do what works for you!

We use our salad plates too, and I really think that has helped a ton with portion control. I use our dinner plates as serving dishes and point out to the kids that I can get 6 whole servings of chicken or fish or whatever onto one of those plates! Scary stuff when you think about what you can actually fit on a "standard" sized dish.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Perception is everything!! If you're eyes see a fuller plate/bowl then it registers adequate food, but if it's a mostly empty plate/bowl it says "not enough!!! Feed me more!!!" Good move - will have to go shopping for bowls :laugh:

I still use a regular dinner plate for lunch but I fill in the blank with raw veggies - low calorie, high fiber, yummy and filling!