Getting it right... finally!

Options
I feel like I'm finally getting it right. I've tried so many times but can say, hand on heart, this is the furthest I've ever come.

I can tell its now cause of the people who are really noticing... I'm at the lightest I've been for I actually dont know how long - probably since I was about 15 (which is hugely worrying) and its certainly not been an easy ride - no sir. Ive had plenty of days/weeks where I've been like "meh, I've lost some weight now, I can just eat what I want - who cares if I dont lose any more?!" - I would eat rubbish, not track food, try and count 'walking down stairs' as exercise :wink: but being on MFP, wanting to track exercise, reading posts, having friends notice and feeling better in myself have all made me carry on.

I know myself, my own self gratification would not be enough to keep me on this road - I've lost a stone or so before and felt better but I've never had all the other influences so I gave up and would hate myself for that. So this is a thank you to MFP.. my MFPals... and to all my friends and family who wont read this but have seen the smile on my face whent they compliment me. (Somethings slightly resembling: :bigsmile: )

Now i know... if I have a bad day, a bad week or even a bad month. It's never too late to pick up where you left off. It scares me to think I might give up... pile on 38lbs and be back to square one... (wow - 38 pounds I just read that, that's quite a bit!) For me it's now if I put on 2lbs I'm like... "WHAT AM I DOING?!" so where I am at the moment, giving up is not an option. I accept there will be times where I feel like giving up, and perhaps do for a day or two... but MFP is ingraved in the back of my mind all the time now...

For me the best thing anyone has said to me on here is that 'losing weight isn't a sprint, it's a marathon'. I think about this when I get sad that I've had naughty days... it's just a bump in the road.... climb on over it and carry on. And that has whats got to me where I am now...

Well anyway, enough of that... I'm off to the gym. :smile:

Replies

• Jessabelle12
    Options
    Double Post
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I can honestly say MFP has been a massive help. I've always read the advice to write it down. Never done it. Now I have it on my phone I put everything in. Everything! Even if I go over I make sure it's recorded.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Good luck on your journey.:flowerforyou: