Dumped by new buddies.

Options
I can't believe I had gotten dumped by new friends here. In frustration I dumped the other new buddies before getting dumped by them too.

Sorry if I don't cheer and jump for every little thing.

Replies

• queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    uh oh.. what happened?
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    oh dear thats a shame, especially if there was no reasoning behind it, feel free to add me as a friend, i'm not someone who jumps up and down for the small things either but i like to think i'm there when people need me, but be warned i'm not the most successful person on here (whoops, but thats a whole other story)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart. I have dumped anyone but there sure seem to be some negative people on this site. I have to stay positive. You can add me if you would like.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yeah, no big deal- maybe u just didn't 'mesh'. Can add me if you like biting wit & sparkling commentary
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I clear out my friends who don't seem serious (bad examples) Thats just me, if they don't eat right, or log, or have there diary open. Its got less to do with weather they cheer me on or make me feel its ok to eat chips, fast food ect.... I am serious about my weight loss. Yes I eat out, yes I slip up, I want friends to call me out. an occasional slips ok but if its repeated to often I remove the friend just for my own healthy habits...
  • Scoobies87
    Options
    The only people I have dumped on here are pervs and people who have an ED and refuse to admit it. It upsets me too much seeing them starving themselves. Otherwise I see no reason to delete people. Don't worry, the chances are you will never meet them in the flesh anyway. :flowerforyou:
  • alib510
    alib510 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    oh dear :( feel free to add me if you want someone who only says the things that need saying, not just wtg! i didn't even know what that meant before i came to this site! anyway, your goal is proably to lose weight, not make friends, right? xxx
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I drop mine if they haven't logged in over a month!!! Feel free to add me. I will help any way I can
  • NB_Eric
    NB_Eric Posts: 61
    Options
    The only people I have dumped on here are pervs and people who have an ED and refuse to admit it. It upsets me too much seeing them starving themselves. Otherwise I see no reason to delete people. Don't worry, the chances are you will never meet them in the flesh anyway. :flowerforyou:

I may have totally miss-understood your meaning with this message but how exactly are you going about diagnosing people with an ED ( I'm assuming you mean eating disorder ) on a website without knowing them personally??
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I've had a similar experience on here. I noticed a few weeks ago that a number of "friends" had deleted me. I messaged one in particular and asked her why (she was someone to whom I felt I had been particularly supportive). She responded by saying that she does not keep friends around who have eating disorders. I didn't push the issue further, but I don't currently have an eating disorder. (I have suffered from binge eating in the past, but I haven't done so in a few months.) It then occurred to me that I had posted something a few weeks ago (around the time of the deletions) about fasting. It was Yom Kippur (the Jewish Day of Atonement). The day includes fasting. My guess is that is what she was referring to and it was a simple misunderstanding. I don't really care since these people were not my real friends. But perhaps it was a simple misunderstanding with you too?
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is scary... I don't dump MFP buddies.. and i don't understand the ED part... what exactly makes them ED?
  • NB_Eric
    Options
    Hi Lynn, I'm glad you brought this up. Personally I came to this site to find the support that I couldn't find in my close circle of people. I'm horrified to hear stories like yours because it shows that even in a place that your supposed to find support in you still find people who judge you without really knowing you and that's a crying shame.

My goals here are to find good motivating folks and if those people have the same goals as me even better ( eating better and getting to a 5k ) So anyone please feel free to add me and I guarantee you will never be judged.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Just guessing, but I think what they mean by ED is that they have under 1,200 calories a day? Or like Lynn was saying - extreme fasts (of course not when related to religion though)
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Worry not about being "dumped" anywhere in life... judgemental people who make decisions like that are not real "friends" anyway... This is a site where people can support or not... Find new friends who will support you. There are lots of other people on MFP...:smile:
  • cookc04
    cookc04 Posts: 71
    Options
    You can tell somebody who has an eating disorder but is either in denial or is indulging in it. They are happy about eating less than 120 calories and exercising back all their food. They come up with excuses for why they only had 400 calories. It's really easy.
    And it's heart breaking when they say - 'thank you for your concern but I don't feel hungry and I don't think it's a problem'

Basically if you don't feel hungry when you are eating under 500 calories a day for a week, then you do need to see a doctor - something physically or mentally is wrong with you.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is scary... I don't dump MFP buddies.. and i don't understand the ED part... what exactly makes them ED?

I think the ED part refers to those who post consistently post about fasting or doing "water fasts." I have one "friend" in particular who has posted a number of times about doing a 21 day water fast and there are people who cheer her on. I'm not here to support behaviour like that, but I also feel odd about deleting her...
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am here for support if you want i love this site it is so good to encourage each other and pass on our different tips.
  • NB_Eric
    Options
    But that's the danger of it all, it is not for anyone here to judge your calorie intake or to make assumptions that you have an ED . People should be supporting and send a message to you directly if they are worried about you, not just delete you and label you with an eating disorder
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    well said!