Bigger breakfasts

Options
Genie30
Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
Hi,

I'd like to try and eat more at breakfast as I'm trying to eat 600 cals x3 a day. I'm hoping that if I eat 600 cals for breakfast, I'll make it through to lunch without being starving hungry. Trouble is, I'm struggling to plan a breakfast for that amount which is healthy, contains protien and is quick to make in the morning. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Genie

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    3 scrambled eggs with 2 Snickers bars? :bigsmile:
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    8 egg whites = 136 cals
    1 regular egg = 70 cals
    2 slices wheat toast = 140 cals
    3 pieces jennie o turkey bacon = 60 cals
    1 bananna = 110 cals

516 calories!
  • romping
    romping Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    2 Eggs, ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, brocolli, onions, cheese.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    My breakfast today was about 500 calories.

2 large eggs
    3 strips of turkey bacon
    2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a little bit of margarine
    ketchup
    1.5 mugs of coffee

Add a piece of fruit, and you'll hit 600. A lot of food, though! You could add a bit of low fat cheese to add some dairy, too.
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    I am by no means a nutritionist but one of my quick grab breakfasts is a whole wheat english muffin, peanut butter and a piece of fruit. This for me is only about 400 calories but if you don't do a light english muffin (the one I use is 100 calories but high fiber) and instead do a high fiber bread you could easily increase the calories by at least 100.Maybe add in a hard boiled egg. When I'm trying to get a lot of calories in the morning and I have time I usually make myself an omelet with egg beaters, spinach, mushrooms and cheese, toast or english muffin with cream cheese and jelly and fruit. This usually comes in around 600 calories but takes a little more time to make but still probably only about 20 mins!
  • proudmommylmb
    proudmommylmb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Quick:

4 egg whites mixed with one medium sized tomato and a little butter....just heat the chopped up tomato with butter first, then add the eggs and voila. serve it with two slices of your choice of whole wheat bread, tea or coffee, and bacon if you like... that's pretty quick if you ask me.

Unless you want the REAL quick version and that's you make it the night before: low carb tortilla wrapped around 3 scrambled eggs with avocado slices and tomato chopped up...wrapped and ready to go for the morning...with coffee, a banana, and maybe a shake??

good luck
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Have you tried planning in a healthy snack? This is just a suggestion because I'm not a breakfast person, so I tend to eat like this - Breakfast (300ish cals), (snack 200 ish cals), lunch (400 ish cals), snack (100ish, or skip), dinner (400-600 cals).

It just seems to keep me full longer. I noticed if I had a big breakfast I'm still hungry later, and it always ends up leaving me with like 100 cal. for dinner.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Lots of really good suggestions. I hadn't thought of making it the night before and taking it with me.

Virgo, yes, I have been rountinly having snacks for a while but it just makes me want more! plus, it can be difficult to eat at work when we're busy. My breakfastsare usually porridge or taost which is around 200 cals and I'm hungry an hour later so I thought maybe by adding a bigger breakfast and more protein it will take me through to lunch.
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 eggs scrambled in butter with onion, tomato, mushroom, spinach, bell pepper, tomato and shredded cheese. I also usually have strawberries and raspberries and bacon with it. It comes out to anywhere from 600-800 calories depending on how much of each thing I have. You can make the eggs ahead of time and just warm them up. Same for the bacon.

Breakfast is the biggest meal of the day I eat. It keeps me full until lunch easily and usually beyond that.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Just the thought of eating that much for breakfast...:sick:

Mind you, the thought of anything for breakfast still makes me a little :sick:

Besides, if i did that i wouldn't be able to enjoy my big dinners! :D