MY WINTER WONDERLAND NSV

Options
lms32164
lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
As we head into winter I usuall dread the cold and the snow. My Winter NSV is the fact that I am looking at winter in a whole new way this year. Being 47 lbs lighter than last year and pushing for higher goals to continue to lose through the winter months, I am actually excited to see what I will accomplish this year!
I have signed up for indoor swimming at a local pool for some exercise. I love swimming and it's great for calorie burning AND for fighting the winter BLAHS!
Last night when I heard we were getting our first big snow storm of the season, I dreaded it but awoke rested this morning and dug out the shovel to begin my exercise for the day!! Yes, I went out and shoveled the newly fallen snow. I haven't done that in YEARS due to my weight and all the pain it would cause me. I went out and did it in moderation and with pride that I could do it! I even thought of building a cute little snowman all by myself but then I thought, I prob. shouldn't because I would get wet and cold and then I might be in pain later. I'd better not. If I only had snow pants that would fit me!
"TA-DA!!" I went into the basement and in the winter bin of clothes I found my old, old blue snowpants in an X-large which I had not worn in years and they actually fit me!!!! Soooo, the next snow storm that will be snowman worthy, I am going to build a snowman with my Hubby and enjoy the magic of the winter wonderland!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. This is what it's all about. :flowerforyou:
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Way to go, and also way to appreciate the little things that other people would DREAD doing!!! :)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great for you!
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome and inspiring to boot. Love it!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! Thats really cute, one of the best nsv stories I've read lately "D Congrats hon!
  • Great NSV!!! And finding the snow pants (and having them FIT) just makes it all the sweeter!!
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    This is so awesome!!!! I am loving the energy coming thru your post!! What a difference shedding the pounds can make on our lives!! We have energy to do the things we never did before, and we find that these things we dreaded are actually enjoyable!!!

Winter is a great time, to get some indoor exercise in, and to find that energy to do all those things you never did before!!!

Congratulations!!!
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    What a positive way to look at winter. More healthy than staying inside where it's warm and eating which is what I'm tempted to do in winter.
  • StarArly
    StarArly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Keep up that great attitude! Love it.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!! Winter is always a very tough time for me. I do not like to be cold, i get major winter blues and I don't like to go out unless I have to! Thank you for pointing out a very positive way to handle the winter months and get the exercise in too!! Congrats on your weight loss!! Keep up the great work!!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You almost make me wish it would snow here. Almost :)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Love this!! It's not about "Having" to exercise. It's about being able to do more stuff. Very Cool...:smile:
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm thrilled for you and so proud. You're starting to live again!!!! Me too. :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Sweet! And you know as good an exercise as swimming is, shoveling snow is...well, better is probably the wrong word...how 'bout comparable? :bigsmile:

Way to go on your progress!
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sweet! And you know as good an exercise as swimming is, shoveling snow is...well, better is probably the wrong word...how 'bout comparable? :bigsmile:

Way to go on your progress!

Thank you for your reply. I found it facinating learning that you know what you know that you support eating your excercise calories. Hmmm, it put things into perspective for me as I have a long ways to go to get to goal. Thnx. Lynne
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!!!
  • Patty21981
    Options
    Awsome NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!