Just Dance on the Wii

Options
Anyone use it for exercise and wondering how you put it in as a calorie burn? When I can't make it to the gym I'll do an hour of Just Dance on the Wii (making sure I'm definitely getting a workout doing it). It's definitely a good burn. But there's nothing really in the system here to record it. I record it as Zumba since I've done that and feel like it's a similar workout but curious how others put it in?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Bump! I normally end up just doing Zumba! Also, I use zumbacalories.com :)
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    how long do you work out for
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I just bought it last night and am doing it now. Doing 4 songs I burned about 250 calories according to my body bugg. I am definitely sweating though and it's a nice change for my cardio.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I put it in as dancing - general
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    love love love just dance!! i can get sweating by doing just 30 minutes of it! i record it as 'dancing, general' :)
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember Dance Dance Revolution? That dance game with the arrows? I use to to have the home version of that on the original Play Station. It had a "work out mode" setting. I remember if i was able to dance for a full 30 minutes straight... the tv told me I lost like 450 calories. It was awesome! And you knew it was accurate because the game knew when you were hitting the arrows with your feet and when you missed them. Ohhh I miss that game! Anyone still have it?
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would use zumba too, I feel like its the exact same kind of moves and intensity!
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do just dance 3 daily, I love it. I actually just entered it as a new exercise about 20 minutes ago as "wii just jance 3 w/hrm". It may show up already not sure.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I add it to the database and use my HRM for the calories burned info.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Bump! I normally end up just doing Zumba! Also, I use zumbacalories.com :)

zumbacalories.com tells you about 2-3x the actual calories burned. VERY inaccurate.
  • pink59eldo
    Options
    I just bought it last night and am doing it now. Doing 4 songs I burned about 250 calories according to my body bugg. I am definitely sweating though and it's a nice change for my cardio.

That's a decent burn, I've been considering buying it. Now maybe I really will lol
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I use the zumbacalories.com.m It's the same thing. I usually burn 200-300 calories for every three songs. Also, it depends on the effort level. I usually can't talk during my workouts with just dance. Do you have Just Dance 2 or 3? On Just Dance 3 there are more "workout" type of dances on it and better song selections for working out.
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember Dance Dance Revolution? That dance game with the arrows? I use to to have the home version of that on the original Play Station. It had a "work out mode" setting. I remember if i was able to dance for a full 30 minutes straight... the tv told me I lost like 450 calories. It was awesome! And you knew it was accurate because the game knew when you were hitting the arrows with your feet and when you missed them. Ohhh I miss that game! Anyone still have it?

I LOVE DDR. :heart: They have a version for the WII that I am going to get soon. I can't wait!

As for Just Dance... I usually log it as "dancing, general"
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options

LOVE
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use this as my main type of exercise right now. I read that the calorie burn is sweat points divided by 4.2, so that's how I've been calculating it
  • tcpowell25
    Options

I LOVE DDR. :heart: They have a version for the WII that I am going to get soon. I can't wait!

Don't waste your money on DDR for wii. It's a waste of money. Stick with Just Dance. I bought it and ended up returning it for a refund.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

I totally forgot about this game. I had it for the PS2 and loved my dance mat lol. Just had a quick look online there and there is a 5th verison coming out soon complete with dance mat and workout mode \0/ this is so getting added to my christmas list :love:
  • whitneymws
    whitneymws Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do it for an hour...
  • whitneymws
    Options

Jessica! Yes! I have DDR too and often do that as well. That's also a fab workout! I just like changing it up a lot... I think doing DDR and Just Dance are pretty comparable exercise wise
  • whitneymws
    Options

Don't waste your money on DDR for wii. It's a waste of money. Stick with Just Dance. I bought it and ended up returning it for a refund.

I have it for the Wii! I don't think it's bad. But I've never done had another game system other than a Wii. I did hear it's better on Playstation.

I just end up doing Just Dance more b/c it's easier to get it out and no mat required