From Fat to Thin to Fat Again

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm Sarah (pennypain is my roller derby name) and I'm 28. I weigh 106kgs (233lb).

I've gradually gone from being 67kg (147lb) to this weigh, steadily over four years.

I've been this weight once before, and I've struggled with weight for most of my 20's.

I'm turning 29 soon, and I made a promise to myself that I would not go into my 30's being fat. I won't do that to myself, and the time has come to start respecting my body, and being accepting of who I am!

I'm aiming to lose 37 more kgs (80lb). I've lost 4kg (8lb) so far, in about two weeks or so.
I know I'm going to stick at it this time becasue it's not a diet, it's educating myself about what I can put into my body, and what I must do to get the best out of it.

I'm really excited, and can't wait to be thin and healthy again, I have 3 kids and am so tired of avoiding the park, etc because I feel too fat to go anywhere.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!

Replies

• dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    welcome - add me if you need motivation/support....will be great to watch your journey. You're in the right place that's for sure!
  • rinalee123
    rinalee123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards, I am in a similar position, with 40 pounds that I got after the kids ... I had no energy , until I found this site and joined a gym with a personal trainer . The nutrition changes I find make a huge difference in my level of energy . I started seeing the difference only after a few days. That's great ! Good luck on your journey

R
  • bb_1982
    bb_1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:

Im 30 next year and I want to be at my goal weight by then. I've spent most of my 20's up and down up and down and I want to enter my 30's happy with myself!

We can and we WILL do it :wink:

Good luck xx
  • sojojoshua
    Options
    hi
    even I struggled with my weight during mmy 20's... from 75 kg to 85 kg to again 75 kg... to 90 kg after kids.... then i decided i have to enter my 30's with a healthy BMI.. and went and lost weight to become 62 -63 kg before my 30th birthday. now i maintain from 62 to 64... my height is 167 cm, by the way.
    feel free to add me.... would love to motivate u and get motivated in this healthy journey...
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) Welcome to MFP. I have the similar situation. You sure can do that! :)
  • pennypain
    Options
    Hello :smile:

Im 30 next year and I want to be at my goal weight by then. I've spent most of my 20's up and down up and down and I want to enter my 30's happy with myself!

We can and we WILL do it :wink:

Good luck xx

Well I'm 29 next year but close enough!!!
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one going through this!
  • EJTWINS
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Im getting older and im still fat :( SUCKS! i have 3 children and i put on the weight after having my last baby which was about 8 years ago. What is my problem? lol i just cant get it together. B4 i had kids i didnt have to worry about my weight but boy did my body change. So im hoping i can meet some cool people on MFP to help me and motivate me to stay focused and i could do the same for you:)
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've struggled too with repeated weight losses and gains. I think I have found what will make it permanent this time and you touched upon it yourself. It's not about getting the pounds off. It's about educating yourself about food and health and working towards permanent health. I highly recommend the movie "Forks Over Knives". It clearly spells out the relationship between the food we eat and the diseases we get. Eating healthy prevents most diseases of affluence including heart disease, diabetes, cancer, stroke and auto-immune diseases. The evidence is pretty compelling.

Best wishes on your journey.
  • cmbusch86
    cmbusch86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey girl! if you want, add me to your friends list I would be happy to be apart of your journey and would hope you want to be part of mine, too. i have been going up and down on the scale my whole life and at one point was in a size 18-20. I am now a 12 but need to lose about 30 more pounds and for some reason the more I lose the harder it seems to get. Now I have picked up a couple pounds (as I hadn't used my food tracker for quite sometime) and need as much help as possible to reach my goal! Oh yea and my name is Tina!
  • karenCalandro
    Options
    Welcome Sarah!! I'm new and just joined last week. You can add me if you want. I have also started educating myself on the foods I eat and exercise. I have stopped dieting and changed the way I eat. And my whole family has to eat what I eat or go somewhere else for their food. LOL I also finally accepted I HAVE TO EXERCISE EVERYDAY!!
  • noblechris
    Options
    ha ha ehh babe
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like support!
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Looks like we have the same weight-loss goal. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I know what I need to do. I just need support to keep me on track.
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah!
    Your story sounds very similar to mine. Feel free to add me and we can support each other during this journey!

Sonya