Looking for all who lost weight without exercise

Options
I work on the project

ilostweightyoucantoo.com

and would like to get in touch with individuals who managed to lose weight without exercise.

Please post or email me how much you lost, what the time frame was, and what you did to successfully lose weight.

Thank you

Replies

• dannylives
    Options
    I had a friend who shot up heroin daily. She got pretty thin.
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who shot up heroin daily. She got pretty thin.

LOL horrible
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Anyone can lose weight without exercise as long as they are in calorie deficit. Most people like to do it with exercise because they know that in enhances their fitness and physique.
  • h82bfat
    h82bfat Posts: 77
    Options
    Weight loss is but one part of a healthy lifestyle. Exercise is another. There are plenty of people who are thin but not healthy. What's the point?
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would say "without exercise," but I don't go to a gym or anything and I have not changed my activity level at all, just my diet. Went from eating according to the "food pyramid" to eating a low-carb, high-protein diet, and I've lost 42 lb in 7.5 months. Approx. 1.3 lb per week, average. My doctor does a monthly BMI test on me and he says I've lost more than that, but I've actually gained about 7 lb of muscle as well. Pretty cool. But like I said, that's not strictly "without exercise," it's just "without extra exercise." I enjoy taking walks & playing the Wii & several musical instruments, so I'm not completely sedentary. Don't know whether that's what you're looking for or not.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I meet a lady that lost over 150 pounds without any exercise.....but she ate NO processed foods of any kind. She said she wished she had exercised because she was a weak as a kitten.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 back surgeries. Neurological damage to my right leg forces me to wear a brace. I walk with a cane on good days; use a walker on the 'bad' days. Walking over about 100 feet causes back pain.
    Therefore, no capacity for exercise.
    All weight loss is from calorie deficit.
    Started on Jan 12, 2011.
    Have lost 32# since.
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    my mom did the low carb diet and did not exercise at all and lost 100 pounds
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is but one part of a healthy lifestyle. Exercise is another. There are plenty of people who are thin but not healthy. What's the point?

exactly...well said. The point of reaching a healthy weight to to actually be healthy !
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If you are overweight and unfit, and lose weight without exercise, chances are you''ll just be thin, but still as unfit. Is it worth it?
  • AdAstra47
    Options
    I just checked out that site, and don't agree with several statements. For example: "all unused calories get stored as fat." Not true. Protein calories often get used to build & repair muscle, as well as providing energy. I'm seeing several statements like this that are factually wrong, or at the very least are overgeneralizations. I would encourage you to consult a biochemist, doctor, scientist... someone like that who can double-check the information on your site for you & make sure it's accurate.
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My husband lost weight completely without exercise. He went from 220 to 185 in about 6 months by following a plant-based, vegetarian/mostly vegan diet. ("The Engine 2 Diet")

The last 10 lbs took longer, he said. But he's kept it off for 2 yrs now. He's still vegetarian/mostly vegan, but really doesn't count calories and still doesn't exercise. His cholesterol levels are phenomenal! All his blood work is great!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I checked out the website and I would have to say that this would be a very restrictive and boring way to live and eat. I have no doubt that you can lose weight eating that way but I do doubt that you will achieve fitness that way. That type of VLC (very low calorie) diet combined with no exercise is just going to make you skinny-fat, imho. I'd much rather be skinny-fit. I have fun things I want to do that require fitness. Exercise is not a bad thing and is, in fact, fun to do. Why not get thin, and fit too!, and have some fun along the way?
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I meet a lady that lost over 150 pounds without any exercise.....but she ate NO processed foods of any kind. She said she wished she had exercised because she was a weak as a kitten.

This is how I lost 20lbs last year...I wasnt weak or anything though, I felt better actually because I stopped eating fast food, sweets and all the stuff that made me gain weight int he first place. The biggest pain was that I had to cook all my own meals, and I really dont like to cook! lol But I went from 198 to 175 in 6 months doing just that.

I dont eat nearly as bad as I used to, but stopped eating as well as I did, so I didnt lose anymore weight, but I didnt gain any weight either. But one thing is for sure, it really emphasizes that the quality of the food we eat plays a huge role in weight loss. I didnt cut or count calories, or eat anything low fat low anything...all I did was not eat anything packaged/processed and the weight came off pretty fast.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would say "without exercise," but I don't go to a gym or anything and I have not changed my activity level at all, just my diet. Went from eating according to the "food pyramid" to eating a low-carb, high-protein diet, and I've lost 42 lb in 7.5 months. Approx. 1.3 lb per week, average. My doctor does a monthly BMI test on me and he says I've lost more than that, but I've actually gained about 7 lb of muscle as well. Pretty cool. But like I said, that's not strictly "without exercise," it's just "without extra exercise." I enjoy taking walks & playing the Wii & several musical instruments, so I'm not completely sedentary. Don't know whether that's what you're looking for or not.

can i ask how you have gained 7lbs of muscle without exercise?
  • AdAstra47
    Options
    can i ask how you have gained 7lbs of muscle without exercise?

Well, as I said, I'm not completely sedentary. I do exercise, just not obsessively. But the secret is in knowing the biochemistry. Here's the brief, super-oversimplified version: the chemical reaction that burns fat as energy in your body requires protein, and the ratio is roughly three parts fatty acids to one part amino acids (protein). So:

Say I’m eating 2000 calories and my activity level is burning 2200 calories.
    I eat 200 calories in carbs. I eat 600 calories in fat. I eat 1200 calories in protein.

My body burns the 200 calories of carbs right away. OK, so our total is now:
    Remainder of what I’ve eaten: 600 fat, 1200 protein.
    Energy still needed: 2000 calories.

My body burns the 600 calories of fat, and because the chemical reaction is 3 parts fat to 1 part protein, that also burns 200 calories of protein. So now we’ve burned a total of 1000 calories.
    Remainder of what I’ve eaten: 1000 protein.
    Energy still needed: 1200 calories.

Here’s where it gets interesting: all of my remaining calories were from protein, but protein can’t be burned for energy all by itself. My body needs to harvest fat from its stores in order to burn the protein.
    So the next calories I burn (again, at three parts fat to one part protein) are 900 calories of stored fat and 300 calories of protein.
    Remainder of what I’ve eaten: 700 protein.
    Energy still needed: 0.

So we’ve now reached our 2200 calories of energy… but wait, if you look at the protein, I ate 1200 calories of protein but only burned 500 of them.
    The rest of the protein is used to repair and build muscle.
    This is how you can eat a calorie deficit, lose fat, and build muscle all at the same time. It's all about eating the correct ratios of carbs/fat/protein for your metabolism & activity level.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My workmate is currently doing the atkins diet (or possible the dukan diet), she is on week 11 and has lost 10kgs without any excercise. she is recovering from a severed tendon so had to do it all by nutrition.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    From March to August of 2010 I lost 35 pounds without doing any exercise. I followed my allotted 1200 cal from MFP and that pretty much it. I didn't watch macros at all, I only had five total cheat meals during that period of time (while I was on vacation). I also didn't eat anywhere close to "clean". I had cereal bars for breakfast, microwave meals for lunch, packaged 100 cal snacks and granola bars as snacks and either Skinny Cow truffle bars or Hostess 100 cal snack cakes for dessert. Dinner varied a lot, examples would be McDonalds salads, Subway sandwiches, KFC grilled chicken, more microwaved meals canned soup, or all sorts of random home made stuff. I made a lot of sandwiches, egg scrambles with deli meat or bacon mixed in, I used a lot of imitation crab, Morningstar Farms meal starters crumbles and canned tuna.

I've changed my eating habits immensely since then, but that was how I ate and didn't exercise and lost the bulk of my weight. :)
  • Babzl1957
    Babzl1957 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for 2 weeks and lost 11lb. All my life I have tried the usual diets where you go to meetings,have meal replacements, soups ect. I loose weight without exercise every time without a problem. But......I cannot maintain my weight so each time it has gone back on again. I usually loose 3 stones in as many months before I put it back on. But due to medical problems I cannot excercise.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for food tracking for the last ~6 months. I have had some weeks where I didnt keep in goal and an entire month vacation to Europe where I wasnt tracking at all, but tried to keep as healthy as possible. During this time I have lost about 25lbs through nothing but diet change.

I seem to have plateau'ed a bit, so I have started swimming, walking, and cycling to take it to the next level.