Starting Insanity

Hi! My name is Audrey. I'm 16 and a Junior in high school. Honestly, I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. And now that it's the middle of Junior year and marching season is over, I want to stay in shape and lose more weight. I've gained so much muscle and have even lost some inches off my waist over the past few months, but I know that Insanity will give me insane results. I mean, come on, I'm 16. Kids are really harsh these days. And, it's unhealthy to be this overweight and this young. Yes, there are girls and boys that are bigger than me, but not many. I don't want to be the biggest kid in class anymore. I'm ready to feel comfortable in my own body and I'm really hoping that everyone that reads this will give me the most motivation that I can possibly receive. I'm never able to stick to something, but I'm hoping that for the next 60 days I will be able to stick to this. Thank you, everyone. And if you ever want to talk, feel free to add me or message me.
-Audrey

Replies

• fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Go Audrey!! Insanity is ridiculous! Kick its *kitten*!!
  • Aboulet
    Aboulet Posts: 11
    What is Insanity? Is that a drug? I hope not - that would be a mistake. Learning to make better choices about what you eat is the key to losing weight. MFP helped me understand how many calories are in everything I eat. I am shocked at how many calories a day and each week I used to consume. Now, I make better choices and the weight is coming off. You can learn to do it too. It's easier than you think. There are no quick fixes in this life. Anything worth having is worth fighting for.
  • Insanity is intense, If you can handle it, have at it. I think it's more for people that are already in fairly good shape. You are young though so you may be able to hang with ole Sean. Just don't let the intensity turn you off. good luck with it.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    What is Insanity? Is that a drug? I hope not - that would be a mistake. Learning to make better choices about what you eat is the key to losing weight. MFP helped me understand how many calories are in everything I eat. I am shocked at how many calories a day and each week I used to consume. Now, I make better choices and the weight is coming off. You can learn to do it too. It's easier than you think. There are no quick fixes in this life. Anything worth having is worth fighting for.

No worries, its a workout program from Beachbody ;)

Good luck with the Insanity program, I know kids are cruel, I have twin teenage daughters, feel free to add me if you like... GOOD LUCK... and just keep at it, dont hit pause or stop... if you need a break, let it play, catch your breath and jump back in, you will be surprised how quickly it gets easier.
  • I've done Insanity before. I finished the first month until marching season started. I'm in good shape. The inches just need to come off. Thanks though!!!
  • Do it to it, I love insanity, this is my second go around. The last 30 days are intense , but the results are worth it