Almost 40lbs, can't believe it!

Options
I know, yet another Halloween before and after - but after seeing the pictures from this weekend, I was so proud of the way I looked (minus the ridiculous costumes!)

I've lost about 37lbs in 2 years. It's been slow, but I've been working on developing habits for the long haul. I only want to lose about 5 more before I start building muscle and maintaining. I'm happy in my body for the first time in my life, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I still enjoy treats, probably more often than I should - but I even it out. I make sure I exercise 2-3x/week, which is all I can manage while in university, and I try my best to stay under my goal - if not, at least under "maintenance." I figure...I'm a real person, I'm not prepared to quit everything I enjoy cold turkey, so I just find ways to incorporate it in a healthier way. :)

Halloweenspast-1.jpg?t=1320013750

From left to right - 2008 - 185, 2010 - 170, 2011 - 148.

Replies

• determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    great job
  • go2bobbi
    Options
    You Look Great! Keep up the great work!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Fabulous attitude! This isn't a race - it's your life. And, you're looking fabulous!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    SO proud of you, friend!!! :)
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!!! And I have a similar mindset... don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the weight off pronto, but at the same time I know that slow and steady will be okay too. It's a long-term commitment for sure. :)
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look so happy and healthy!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled :D
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Girl, we are the same person! I've also lost 40 lbs starting from almost 180, and it's taken me a year and a half to get here... seems so slow compared to some people on here, but if it's gonna be a lifestyle change, I gotta have treats sometimes, right? Slow and steady :) Great work, you look fantastic!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I love how my smile gets bigger from pic to pic! Hahaha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!