Hello from New Jersey!

Options
Hello! My name is Maureen.:smile: I just joined. I'm from south jersey. I'm also looking for fitness support. I've been doing this on my own, and it hasn't been easy. I don't have any friends or family members that are going through this journey of weight lose.

Replies

• lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Calgary Alberta. I just joined this group myself and it appears that there is a lot of support to be had. Support helps the weight loss journey. Good luck on yours!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    hi maureen and welcome. i'm in staten island. you could do this!!! just take it one day at a time. can u ask for support at home. the support here is great
  • designmo
    Options
    Thank you! I am still touring the site! Can't wait to start taking advantage of what it has to offer.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Hey Maureen! This site is wonderful! I have been here almost 4 weeks. Official weight is 10 pounds off, it fluctuates though. I am lucky that my husband is doing this with me. My kids are not as thrilled about us dieting (no junk food around the house). A word of advise. If you are craving something, look up the calorie count prior to eating it. It may discourage you from eating a full serving of it. Most people on here are great. They encourage you when you need it, they cheer all of your successes (even the tiny ones).
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Hi I am in New Jersey also !! Welcome to MFP!!!
  • ejllshaw
    ejllshaw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey Maureen I am from south jersey, working in Gloucester county. Friend me if you'd like:)
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi Maureen,
    MFP is a great site. You'll find lots of support here. Feel free to add me as a friend. I grew up in NJ and live in Mass now.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi Maureen and welcome:flowerforyou: I think you will really like it here...the help, support and motivation is fantastic! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • pepper396
    Options
    HI! I AM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS IN NEW JERSEY TOO. I live in Morris County, Mount Olive area. Please friend me if you need buddies... also if you are looking for a great site try meetup.com. I use this for my social life and it is just as fun as MFP!