should i eat ALL my exercise cals or half of them?

Options
okay so am losing really slowly so decided to try eating back cals... i generally burn about 5000/6000 in a week.
should i eat all or just half?

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Read the links in my signature.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    You should only eat ALL your exercise calories if you would like to reach and maintain a healthy and fit weight for the rest of your life.

Check this out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/380938-absolutely-miserable-failing-weightloss-epically?quote=5205327
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It is different for everyone. If it works for you, eat them. Give both a try. I choose not to eat back my calories, and eat a little less then my projected calories. So far it is working great. If I hit a spot where I stop progress I will change it up. :) Try none, try 1/2, and try all.... see what works best for YOU :)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    It is different for everyone. If it works for you, eat them. Give both a try. I choose not to eat back my calories, and eat a little less then my projected calories. So far it is working great. If I hit a spot where I stop progress I will change it up. :) Try none, try 1/2, and try all.... see what works best for YOU :)

Wait....you mean it's not completely black and white like the first two responders (and sooooooo many other people here) demand it is?

Blasphemy! EVERYONE IS EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Think about the energy balance and your goal. How much weight do you want to lose a week? That's a hard question to answer not knowing anything about what you are in pursuit of.

All I can say is there are some basic principles to follow. One pound off a week means a 500 negative calorie balance per day. You do the math and make sure you satisfy that. Could be 250 from diet and 250 from exercise, or 500 from exercise, or 500 from diet. The best way to lose weight and keep it off is a mix of both.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat all mine.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I eat until I'm full, and I never can reach my calorie goal of 1580.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Wait....you mean it's not completely black and white like the first two responders (and sooooooo many other people here) demand it is?

:-) It'd be soooo much easier if it was all the same, though!!!!! whine, whine, whine :-P Definitely, you have to find what will work for you.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine. I dont eat them all if I am unsure of a food I logged. Dont want to go over.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Only eat half - it's very likely that you're making a calorie underestimation or an exercise overestimation at some point in your day (human error, computers, scales etc) so you could easily eat too much if you ate all your exercise calories.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well first off you need to make sure that your activity level is set right within your diary. From there you really need to have an HRM to accuarately access your calorie burn. . as a lot of things in the MFP database are at a much higher burn for activities. . I found that in doing my JUST DANCE 2 that I was actually burning far more. . .

So I would recommmend eating a diet that is under 1500. . and if you choose to eat some of them back I would only eat half of them back. till you know precisely what you are burning, vs what you are consuming. . Just my personal stance. .

I used to be a boxer and I stayed between 1100-1500 calories a day and that worked great for me. Just a thought

The best of luck on that sweetie:bigsmile:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options

Some people do think we are all the same. We all have different metabolisms; diferent diet styles and different weaknesses that would affect how each of us lose...
  • tula23
    tula23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was also losing them slowly. So on those slow weeks, I do not eat all of them. I try and kick start my losses, it usually works (for me). Also, I try to forget I have the exercise calories. I rarely eat them.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options

^bahaha. Your GIF in your signature makes this funnier than it already is!
  • horror_hamster
    Options

Your sarcasm made me giggle like an idiot in my cubicle. :-D