Quotes? :)

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
I had a horrible week concerning food because of a junk food night at a friend's, a concert, and a family get together. Tomorrow is a new day, and I've come up with the idea to put motivational quotes on my mirror in my bathroom to help me stay on track. I always regret eating so much after it happens, but during I just can't stop. Every time I go over or eat junk, it always reminds me why I love eating healthy. So, I'd like to find some quotes that well help me through my journey, because I definitely fell off the wagon this week!

Thanks! :D

Replies

• Kscardino26
    Kscardino26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    "Remind youself that this is worth it. It may be a slow, stressful process. But it is worth all the blood, sweat, and tears you put into it. Sometimes you cheat, sometimes you do not exercise, sometimes all you want is to be able to eat all the foods in the world, and not think twice about it. But you cannot do that! Giving up is the easy way out. You have already made the effort to start this fat loss journey and you are damn well going to finish it! You can do this! Anyone who sets their mind to it and puts the dedication towards this can do this....DO NOT GIVE UP!!! " Hope that helps
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    "The human race is challenged more than ever before to demonstrate our mastery- not over nature but of ourselves." ~Rachel Louise Carson
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Do other dogs think, that poodles are members of a weird religious cult? -Rudner

I know it's not what you expected and it has nothing to do with motivation, but i just love this quote and have to share it :)
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    "all we do our whole lives is go from one little piece of Holy Ground to the next." -Seymour Glass

i was about to apologize that it has nothing to do with weight loss, but on second thought it applies. cheers!
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Google a quote search and you can usually find something suitable for everything. However, the first step you have done correctly is to recognize the problems you encounter with food. The next step is to develop a plan to handle those problems. Take your own healthy snacks to the get togethers. Find an activity so you are not isolated at the food table. Drink a big glass of water to fill up your stomach. Find someone there who appears to be avoiding all the food and strike up a conversation with them. Overall, I feel much better about me since I have lost weight. I enjoy getting rid of fat clothes and look forward to getting rid of more fat clothes. It was a mystical sort of feeling the day I bought from Misses Dept. rather than Women's Plus Size! I still tend to want to go there and look for the biggest size I can find to cover up my fat, even though there is much less! I probably looked like a bag lady at times! If nothing else, put a picture of yourself on the mirror and write, "I CAN DO THIS!" under the picture. Best wishes on your journey!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Author unknown: The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.

I hear ya....you never fail until you quit.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hmm, not sure this will help with the eating, but it will help you enjoy exercise more. My Spinning instructor told us this one last week:

"Sweat is your fat crying!"

I love this one, makes me want to workout more! Good luck to you, we all fall off the wagon sometimes, and it's ok as long as you get back on it. :flowerforyou:
  • JillianDixon
    Options
    "Do not plant your dreams in the field of indecision, where nothing ever grows but the weeds of "what-if.""

"Whatever you find hardest to do, do it with all your heart."

"You can motivate by fear, and you can motivate by reward. But both those methods are only temporary. The only lasting thing is self motivation."