Were there weeks that you didn't lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My BIG FEAR

It will happen. Prepare yourself for it. This is a journey. A lifestyle change. Don't fear it. Just take it one day at a time.
  • Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ive had a few weeks like that, and would get so frustrated! However, my body would adjust itself and the next week the weight loss would be slightly greater.
    That said, dont focus solely on the scale. Look at how your clothes fit, your energy level, and your mood/overall attitude towards life. There are so many other measures of success other than what the scale might say!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Ive had a few weeks like that, and would get so frustrated! However, my body would adjust itself and the next week the weight loss would be slightly greater.
    That said, dont focus solely on the scale. Look at how your clothes fit, your energy level, and your mood/overall attitude towards life. There are so many other measures of success other than what the scale might say!

Amen!!!
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    Yep. After a while, you will know your body and know what is happening and why. I use to get frustrated to no end, but then I started to do some research and I figured out what was happening. I tend to bloat around when I am fertile and when I am going to get my monthly. I know when it is going to happen, so I don't pay any mind if the scale stalls or goes up.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Of course!
    Don't panic, persistance is the key.
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've had that happen a few times. For me it seems like it happens when I add something new like weight lifting and forget to increase my calories. Once I increase my calories to compensate for the extra I'm burning then I usually start to lose again since my body isn't freaking out and going into starvation mode from a lack of calories.

As others have said though, don't worry, just keep at it. Look at what you want to accomplish and what you've accomplished thus far to keep you motivated. : )