Sexy in Six ***closed group*** Week Five

Options
Hey guys! We have a new member joining us. Yellow Team, please welcome etholden! (Remember, everyone should be adding their teammates as friends so you can be encouraging each other!) We also had another person need to leave the challenge, so there is an additional spot available! Please spread the word to any friends who may be interested and have them contact me :smile:

Reading our chart: The people with yellow highlights are the biggest losers for your team this week. (Remember, the pounds reflect the weekly loss, the percentages reflect the total weight since the beginning of the challenge.) Also, those highlighted in pink reached a milestone (ie 170s to 160s, 220s to 210s, etc.)

***oops...thie chart header should say:
username ~ goal weight ~ previous weight ~ current weight ~ change in #s ~ total bodyweight % lost
chart4.jpg

Our questions this week will go to:
Monday: lwdllc
Tuesday: ranewell
Wednesday: kjgarcia
Thursday: kaleighmorgan
Friday: emilytgs24

Our challenge this week will be to eat just a little cleaner. Eating fresh foods as opposed to prepackaged foods is a much healthier option and it will make your body happy. So let's start with a small step. This week, try replacing one thing a day with a fresh alternative. Just ONE packaged food each day. That could be as simple as fresh green beans instead of canned. Or replacing your diet sodas with water.

Look at those goal weights and keep that in mind as you make your food and exercise choices this week. Are you working towards that goal everyday? If not, make those changes to be who you want to be! :smile:

Replies

• jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Another awesome week ladies, congrats to everyone. Are we going to do another round of sexy in 6 when this one is over?
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I hope so! I'll only get to be sexy in TWO so everyone stick with it so that I can have another SIX weeks! You ladies are an inspiration - thanks for letting me join in! :)
  • TanyaPearce
    Options
    I hope so! I'll only get to be sexy in TWO so everyone stick with it so that I can have another SIX weeks! You ladies are an inspiration - thanks for letting me join in! :)

We are glad to have you :)
  • TanyaPearce
    Options
    Another awesome week ladies, congrats to everyone. Are we going to do another round of sexy in 6 when this one is over?
    [/quote

I am with you! I would live to do another round if Peanut is willing to put up with us. A MILLION THANKS TO PEANUT FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER. YOU ARE AWESOME!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Team Yellow- Ya'all ABSOLUTELY ROCK!!!! Wow!!! some great losses we got going there (even though i only lost .4) Am proud of you ladies!!!! Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ok Ladies! GREAT job Last week!!! I have the monday QOTD -

In Regards to a healthier lifestyle (diet and fitness) What is something new that you have tried since you started your journey that worked for you (i.e. planning meals, a new type of exercise, a reward system)? AND what is something new that you would LIKE to try moving forward that you maybe have not had the time or opportunity to try yet?

This week's challenge provoked this question for me - I have tried eating cleaner for sometime now, and it is AMAZING how much it has changed my digestive system. I used to never think about what I was eating, now my gut kicks my butt if I don't pay attention and fresher choices definately keep me happier on the inside!!!

I think bringing up things that maybe we haven't gotten around to doing yet, makes us ponder on them a bit and gives us a chance to make a plan on when we might actually try them out -

Something I haven't tried yet is taking a class, my husband and I talk about taking a Yoga, Pilates, or Ballroom Dancing Classes, but have yet to take the plunge. Im thinking tomorrow might be a good jumping off point for that :-) - so I have a phone call to make!!!
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    In Regards to a healthier lifestyle (diet and fitness) What is something new that you have tried since you started your journey that worked for you (i.e. planning meals, a new type of exercise, a reward system)? AND what is something new that you would LIKE to try moving forward that you maybe have not had the time or opportunity to try yet?

Great question!! I have a health condition that tends to make you gain weight if you're not careful, and unfortunately it's not responding as well to the medications as I might like (it's nothing deadly...just really annoying). I started to do some major internet research on reaching optimum health because I figured I couldn't just sit back and hope for some medications to work. That's when I stumbled upon Primal eating, and I absolutely love it! For me and the way my body works it really makes sense, and I started to drop weight QUICKLY doing it.

I've had a tougher time in the past few weeks really sticking to it, mostly because my husband and I went apple picking (very Primal) and then I started baking (not so Primal...although I did find a recipe for Primal apple crisp that is even better than the usual recipe!). I've stalled out a bit, but for a while I was nearly 100% Primal and felt awesome. Also, looking at the websites it's hard to find someone who hasn't gotten good results changing their diet in this way, so I figure what the heck! I should be finishing up the last batch of apple muffins this week, then will be jumping back on that wagon!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    QOTD: In Regards to a healthier lifestyle (diet and fitness) What is something new that you have tried since you started your journey that worked for you (i.e. planning meals, a new type of exercise, a reward system)? AND what is something new that you would LIKE to try moving forward that you maybe have not had the time or opportunity to try yet?

Logging my food, consistent work out and taking gym classes have worked for me. I would love to RUN. I know- sounds silly but i see all those people on the road running or going at it at the tread mill and i am always like......................i wish that was me.

Well, i think this week i will run on the treadmill and maybe venture out? idk....
  • mbw2586
    mbw2586 Posts: 88
    Options

In my case, trying MFP has worked for me! I have learned so much from using the site, from food logging and exercise information to things totally unrelated to exercise and nutrition all together.

Like lwdllc, I would like to try a class. I have really been wanting to try a yoga class, and I have a friend who attends one, but that self conscious part of me is afraid. Even after overcoming fears of taking a kickboxing class (which I enjoy so much), I am still worried about starting something new. I should go through the forums and use other people's successes and overcoming obstacles as motivation.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Logging in MFP made me look at food differently. I consider portion control much more and I have a real sense of whther what I am eating is too much for me. Also, I've gone on walks by myself. I walk a lot more now and I love the feeling fo being in my own world and thinking about my day as I walk. Probably the best part of this journey was finding this new hobby.

GO BLACK TEAM!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Monday's QOTD

Something new that's worked -- upping my calories. Instead of going for the maximum amount lost at1200 calories, I knocked it down to .5 lb per week loss so I can not get as frustrated. IT may be a slower loss, but at least it's a loss. If I get frustrated and give up, it'll be a gain :)

Something new I'd like to try -- Running. Really, really running. Being able to run a whole 3 miles without stopping...or dying :)
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Monday's QOTD

Something new that's worked -- upping my calories. Instead of going for the maximum amount lost at1200 calories, I knocked it down to .5 lb per week loss so I can not get as frustrated. IT may be a slower loss, but at least it's a loss. If I get frustrated and give up, it'll be a gain :)

Something new I'd like to try -- Running. Really, really running. Being able to run a whole 3 miles without stopping...or dying :)

HA!! Me too! i was up to 2.25 miles with out dying 3 weeks ago - but have had to be on hiatus - I think I'm back to it today I'm going to start with one , but work up to 3 :-)
  • drgirl1023
    drgirl1023 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mon QOTD: In Regards to a healthier lifestyle (diet and fitness) What is something new that you have tried since you started your journey that worked for you (i.e. planning meals, a new type of exercise, a reward system)? AND what is something new that you would LIKE to try moving forward that you maybe have not had the time or opportunity to try yet?

After losing the weight and trying to maintain a healthier lifestlye I want to tone my body - all over! I want to go to the gym and pump some iron! Not to bulk up but to look just fit and sexy! I also want to be able to feed my muscle the way I am suppose to in order to get that lean fit look. Eat the six meals a day, learn how to portion my food - and look foward to seeing some muscles!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Monday's QOTD

HA!! Me too! i was up to 2.25 miles with out dying 3 weeks ago - but have had to be on hiatus - I think I'm back to it today I'm going to start with one , but work up to 3 :-)

Me too! I was up to 2.2 miles two weeks ago when I sprained my ankle. I just starting walking again this weekend. Once the ankle gets stronger, I want to go back to working up to that 3 mile marker! Good luck to both of you. I know you can do it!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Planning meals has really kept me on track. I also tried jogging (c25k) and found that I really like it. I do reward myself for every 10 pounds that I lose as well.

As for something I'd like to try moving forward, I can't think of anything right now. Maybe one of your responses will give me a great new idea! :)
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I thought I had a bad week, but I got TWO highlights! Yay!

MFP has really helped me to stay on track! Not just logging, but all the support, encouragement and information all you wonderful people provide for me. <3. I really want to start running. I'm just so humiliated to do it in public. I can literally run for 60 seconds and I feel like I'm going to pass out.. :( I'm going to run more this week!

Primal eating sounds really interesting, I'm going to check it out.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I thought I had a bad week, but I got TWO highlights! Yay!

MFP has really helped me to stay on track! Not just logging, but all the support, encouragement and information all you wonderful people provide for me. <3. I really want to start running. I'm just so humiliated to do it in public. I can literally run for 60 seconds and I feel like I'm going to pass out.. :( I'm going to run more this week!

Primal eating sounds really interesting, I'm going to check it out.

www.marksdailyapple.com is a great site! you can get lost there for hours...
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    :tongue: What is something new that you have tried since you started your journey that worked for you (i.e. planning meals, a new type of exercise, a reward system)? AND what is something new that you would LIKE to try moving forward that you maybe have not had the time or opportunity to try yet?

Not only planning meals, but also snacks and water, as well. When I plan everything I am going to consume that day, it's easier not to, say, stop at the dessert potluck this afternoon. :tongue:

Something new? Hmmm. I've been looking into changing up my breakfasts, and maybe trying juicing or green drinks. We'll see!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies everyone is doing so good. I hope there is another round too because thi is one of my faves I am doing.

With restarting this journey after my son was born, I have put in a lot more exercise. I don't have the money for a gym so I have to do what I can at home. Also with having a baby--it has to be something I can do while he sleeps or he can do with me. I have started walking alot. We walk 45 min or longer at least 3-4 times a week. Not only does the little one love it but it's great exercise for me. I have also bought a couple DVD's that I try to fit in when I can.

I would like to start planning my foods better. There are two many days that it's a whatever we have day. This leads to not eating as healthy as I would like. Now that my little one is getting bigger he can play with his toys and give mommy a few minutes to make these changes.
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Since I started working out a few months ago, something that I've tried and really worked for me was GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP. It's hard for me to put my computer down or mark my place in my book and turn the lights out before I'm absolutely exhausted. I know this is not always an option, especially for those of you that have little ones, but it has made quite a difference in the way that I feel about getting up and getting moving each day.

As far as the second part of the question goes, I don't so much have many things I haven't *tried* as many things I haven't *stuck with*... so maybe that's what I'd like to do! Stick with something! I think I'm going to mandate to my body that I stick with running, since it makes me happy and helps me deal with my stress... but I always wuss out or say "I'll do it tomorrow". I'm going back to C25K, building up my stamina, and running the first 5K I can find! :)