bikini ?

Options
Has anyone gone through a major weight loss and has worn a bikini when they have gotten down to their goal weight? I'm too overweight to feel confident wearing a bikini, I'm just wondering if I do manage to lose a lot of weight , would I be able to have the body for it? I' wouldn't want to wear one if I have stretch marks! lol

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Don't see why you couldn't wear a bikini after you lose weight...but, the stretch marks are a different story.
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have worn a bikini recently but I have stretchmarks. :0( luckily they have faded a lot because I got them through pregnancy and my daugher is 12 now.....

Its how you feel in yourself. I felt confident enough to wear it in the local baths because it was a women only session.... I dont think having stretchmarks should put you off wearing what you want but if you dont feel comfortable wearing one with or without the stretchmarks, then dont. Just wear what you feel the most confident in.

:0)

Emma xx
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    stretch marks show what progress you've made.. don't be ashamed of them!!

But if they do bother you get some vitamin e cream to help reduce them
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    hell i wore a bikini on my trip to mexico and i am still fat. want to get as much tan as i could, and figured i will never see any of those people again
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Even when you are at your ideal weight, it will still feel weird to wear some more revealing clothes at the beginning (people's look will have changed, but not necessarily yours). Try to get used to wearing stuff like that at some milestones on your journey to get more comfortable when for the "big day out".

I am a man, so slightly different, but I have stretch marks too, and I don't really care, I guess they are just part of who I am and they are here to remind me that I never want to be overweight again.
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs and I wore bikinis this past summer!! :glasses: (That's me with my sunnies!!) I had lost 20 lbs by June when I went on vacay-they were my motivation!!

Good luck!! :happy:
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    BTW-as for the stretch marks, self tanners will help hide them. I also have an old appendectomy scar, I make sure my bottoms are high enough to cover it up!
  • gemma247
    gemma247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Dont let it get you down, wear the bikini to show how much you have achieved :) xxx
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    BTW-as for the stretch marks, self tanners will help hide them. I also have an old appendectomy scar, I make sure my bottoms are high enough to cover it up!

yeah i have to watch this issue with a c-section scar, so bottoms can't be too tiny
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    lack of pics in this thread :)
  • Amy271189
    Options
    Hiya,

I was thinking the exactly the same thing at the beginning of the year. I was overweight and really wanted that 'perfect' bikini body for my holiday which I have recently just got back from.
    Then the thought OMG stretch marks leave you thinking this is never going to be possible, but believe me it is.
    I had really bad stretch marks from the weight I put on previously, I thought they looked awful and I was really self cautious about them , I would never be able to wear that Pink Polka Dot Bikini, but in time after the weight started to drop they began to fade, actually they have faded to a point were they arn't even noticable and I'm sure the same will happen to you. Just keep thinking positive and dont let the thought get you down.
    You need to show that body of girl and show how much you have acheived.
    Oh by the way, I did'nt lose the 3 stone I wanted but i did lose just over 2 and I felt fab on that beach and yes you guessed it in my Polka dot bikini!!!!. I felt and looked great.
    Good Luck and stay positive.

x
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I had to learn to love my entire body, even the parts that society wants me to loathe, like my stretch marks and cellulite.

Rock that bikini, girl.
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I wondered the exact same thing and actually asked a girl at work about it because she put on a lot of water weight when she was pregnant (she had some problems with the pregnancy) and she is now back to about 120 pounds and wears a bikini in the summer. She told me the smaller she got, the less you could see them and with a tan, they were hardly noticable at all except to her. She said people standing 5 feet away from her probably couldn't even see them. This has been one of my depressing issues as I have never had stretch marks until this past year and I honestly thought about not even losing weight because of them but her answer made me feel 200% better.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    postpics.gif
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    postpics.gif

You don't have a picture, you're just a blue person like me! LOL!
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    postpics.gif

You don't have a picture, you're just a blue person like me! LOL!

Lol.. :D but yeah I just can't imagine ever having that kind of body because I never have.