Ran my first 5K Run yesterday

Options
My main concern yesterday was that I finish the race. I went on the C25K last spring and have been running since then. I admit there are days when I just don't finish my runs just because. So yesterday, my main thing was just to finish the race. To see it to the end even though I get bored halfway through. There was also the concern that I might run too fast too soon and burn out in the middle. That happened to me on one training session. So I ran, I paced myself well or so I thought. I did get bored halfway through, and I thought it would never end. But I finished the race and it was exhilirating! My honey waiting for me at the end cheering for me. I have never been so proud of myself. As a bonus, I finished the race with a time of 33:43, beating my personal best by 3 minutes!

Replies

• OhSuzzz
    OhSuzzz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! That's great :) Congrats!
  • jennybeamer
    Options
    Awesome job! Do you switch up your music to keep in the zone? I find if my music gets too stale I get bored too :)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! I could never get bored running a 5k, but I think it's because I sit in an office all day. Whenever I'm able to get outside and run it just makes me feel connected to something greater. Whelp, different strokes for different folks! Good job, keep rocking solid, and keep being awesome!!!
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I finished my first 5k on Saturday after only 9 weeks of training and I missed out on 1 week completely but I finished in 44 minutes. It was a very very hilly track and I didn't train for that. It was still 5 minutes better than my personal best from training.
  • kalcide
    kalcide Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome time! well done! i did my 1st race yesterday too!! but i finished in my personal best at 37.06!
  • soniathekitty
    soniathekitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting. :-) I'm working toward being able to run a 5K myself. I'm using a similar notion of C25K. I'd used it to a degree and just adapted it. I am asthmatic, so pace is an issue for me. But, I'm trudging along. I will get there. Hearing about other folks that it's taken time to get to that point, makes me feel a lil better, so thanks for sharing. :-)
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nice job! It is an awesome feeling to cross that finish line :)
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    terrific! great job!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just started C25k yesterday, so this is very inspiring.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Great job! 33 mins is an awesome time for your first 5K!!

I used to have a problem with focus on runs, but once I stopped listening to music and started to let my mind wander, I actually find I can run for a long time without feeling bored.
  • niallse
    niallse Posts: 58
    Options
    Well done and a great time too!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!