Sexy for Summer 2012 - Week 2 (Closed Group)

Options
Sexy for Summer 2012 Challenge – Week 2, October 31-November 6

Challenge Set-Up: Each week, I will post a specific fitness or diet goal (maybe sometimes both). Group members should work to complete the goals and tell us how they did each week. Additionally, each week, members will need to post their weight lost, a NSV and at least one thing that they love about their body that week. Weight and challenge check-in day is: Monday of every week.

Points will be awarded for every 5 pounds lost, and for each challenge success. For example: Johnny loses 10 pounds and completes all three parts of the week's challenge. Johnny is awarded 2 points for his weight loss, and three points for completing challenges. Points will be tallied every Wednesday.

Challenge Signature:

Just copy and paste to your signature, but make sure you make the IMG lowercase to img

Hull-beach-running.jpg

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Week 2 Challenge:

Fitness: Burn 2000 calories this week, any way you like.

Food: Incorporate veggies into every meal! That means veggies at breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Emotional: What was your final motivator that really got you committed to losing weight?

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to log your weight lost, a NSV and at least one thing that you love about your body this week by MIDNIGHT tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!!

-Nicole

Replies

• GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! This is going to be my first week!!
    Last week I lost 2.4lbs and I am really loving how my thighs are looking in my jeans!!
  • KristinC4
    Options
    Name: Kristin Campos
    SW: 235.0
    GWS'12: 150
    1IL: Hmm, I guess I love that in certain clothes I can feel sexy.
    1IH: My entire body, especially my lower half. I have big thighs, calves, and hips. I want those to go away!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    weight in this week.......168.3
    SW.....169.5

I walked 10 miles this week and drank all my water

I love that i am able to shop in regular clothing stores now
    I dont like that I have flabby skin on my stomach and legs......but I will work on toning up.....
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    Weight this week....303.4

I was unable to do any of the challenges since I was late to the party.

NSV: I realized I was the problem with my weight loss program. When I would log my food and realize it was bad for me, I would eat whatever I wanted the rest of the day and say I will start over tomorrow. Not anymore!!!!! If I log my food and it is not as good as I would have thought then I hit the treadmill or start with the next meal. I am no longer going to hold me down.

I love my eyes. They are wonderfully blue and they really are the window to my soul. Everyone can tell what I am thinking when they look into them.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in my 10 miles last week even starting the challenge late. Looking forward to this week.
  • Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Weight Loss: 1.5lb

NSV: I feel motivated again. I went through a few weeks of not feeling this whole weight loss thing and something just came over me this week and I am motivated again so I feel that's a victory for me.

I love my smile...braces this year allowed me to love it. :)

Last week's challenge went okay for me. I met the 10mile goal but didn't do so well on water. :(

Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • michellelay
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Checking in for week two.

I was not able to complete the goal of 10 miles last week because I joined late in the week. I was able to drink 10 glasses of water a day.

One thing I love about my body: I think I have a pretty face.

One thing I want to change: I want to tone my backside :)

Reason why I finally decide to lose weight.: I could write a whole book on this one! In 2009, after having my second daughter, my boss suggested we join a weigh loss class together. I was excited and when I attended and I was devastated that I had let my weight get so high. After the 12-week challenge, I lost 30lbs, and I felt great. I got married and then we decided to have our third child.

When at an amusement park, a family member of mine was having trouble riding the rides. This really hit home for me. I needed to get back on track. Here i am today. I am very motivated right now.

SW of MFP 2009-187.5
    SW of challenge 164
    Week 2 of challenge weight- 159.5
    Goal for summer-140lbs

I am nervous for today. It is my sisters 21st birthday and Halloween. I love candy.
  • jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    Checking in for week 2.

I got my 10 miles in, plus a few more and I drank all my water every day.
    SW for challenge:224
    Weigh in: 219

I am so excited about the 5lb loss this week. I feel like I am finally back on track!
    The veggie challenge is going to be very hard for me, but I am going to try it anyway.

Good luck everyone!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    i joined on Friday so no reports yet!

Looking forward to this challenge. I LOVE my vegies so this weeks challenge will be great for me.
  • jike1017
    Options
    Name: Jessica
    SW: 195
    GWS'12: 150
    1IL: Im starting to fit into clothes i haven't been able to ware in a year
    1IH: my tummy
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE; YOU ALL DID AWESOME THIS WEEK.

Weigh In this week 178.8 (4.2lbs lost):bigsmile:
    NSV (for those of you who dont know what this means "Non Scale Victory" -I had to go look it up) - I logged my food and exercise everyday and came in under or just a little above my daily calorie goal.
    Challenge - did not meet the 10 glasses/day - was doing between 7 and 10 glasses each day
    Challenge - completed only 8 miles since I started tracking on thursday.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone. Hope we all had a great week. I am ready for week 2.

Stats from last week:
    New SW: 169 - 2lbs down but that scale continues to screw with me ;)
    Challenges: Walked/Jogged 15.22 miles and drank at least 16 glasses of water per day.

For this week:
    NSV - I hit my exersice goals for the first time ever, 420min/wk and 2100cal
    1IL - I am getting much better at running and really starting to like it again.
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Checking in for week 2.

I got my 10 miles in, plus a few more and I drank all my water every day.
    SW for challenge:224
    Weigh in: 219

I am so excited about the 5lb loss this week. I feel like I am finally back on track!
    The veggie challenge is going to be very hard for me, but I am going to try it anyway.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats Jamie on the weight loss this is awesome and meeting all the challenge this week. Best of luck!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just want to see if the signiture works.
  • TSTagain
    Options

I am nervous for today. It is my sisters 21st birthday and Halloween. I love candy.

Congrats Michelle on your weight loss; think about how hard it was to lose those 5lbs every time you see a piece of candy or birthday cake. or better yet think about how long you will have to work out to burn those extra calories...that's my strategy for today - I am going trick or treating with my daughter tonight and tomorrow I taking all my left over candy to work,
  • TaraArriola
    Options
    I want to see if the signature works and tell everyone great job. Reading the accomplishments of everyone really motivates me to get up and get moving.
  • tracas
    tracas Posts: 12
    Options
    I had 8 miles last week, hoping to fit in all 10 this week!! The veggie thing is going to be tough for me and I already missed it for breakfast this morning! My NSV is that at my nieces bday party this weekend I did not have a cucpcake even though I made them since I knew I would be going out that same night and having a few drinks, and I am really glad I have lost two pounds so far, this week is going to be a good week!! : )
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Checkin' in......

My starting weight was wrong, I forgot to change it. I started at 294.6, and today I am at 293 for a 1.6 pound lost.
    Drank all my water.
    Ended up with 8 miles, and not ten.

Hoping for a good week, and gonna try not eating my exercise calories back...

On the business end of things:

Ladies, when you check in, could you please write your real name in your post? I wanna make sure I am matching up the right stats with the right SNs without having to back track to last week's challenge. Hopefully, after this week, I will have it all written down and we will be good to go.

I will be posting an image of the spreadsheet on Wednesday.

Don't forget to check in today!

Good luck everyone!! I've seen some great check-ins already!! :-)
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weight this week.... 197.4 down .6 this week. Not as good as I would have liked but still a loss.

I logged 10.25 miles last week but didn't make all of the water goals.

NSV: I am getting much better about logging my food & exercise. I have NEVER been able to keep it up faithfully.

Forgot to add my name: "Karen"
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just checking in..

Julie
    SW: 226
    CW: 224 (2lbs)

I'm happy that I exceeded my number of days exercising! Only planned to exercise 4 days last week and did 5. I'm going to take a break on it today because work kicked my butt. Lol I didn't get veggies in for breakfast, but did for lunch and dinner. Congrats on everyone's weight loss this week, great job! :flowerforyou: