why am i losing weight so slowly (open diary)?

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE.... LOTS AND LOTS MORE!!!

if you are burning 1000 cals per day, then you need to be eating them back on top of your 1600.... at the very least make sure you net 1200-1600 cals...
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If you are busting your butt, more than likely you are losing the body fat and gaining muscle. When you gain muscle and lose body fat, you dont see much of a weight difference on the weighing scale.
    I would say instead of focusing on calories, look at the sugar level intake of your foods. If you sugar level is above what you need, you dont end up losing the body fat.
    Personally, I have lost 3% of body fat in a month but only relates to 1.5 pounds of wt loss. The important thing is to get away from looking at weighing scale as the end goal. Look at Body Fat%. That is the one that impacts your health etc..
  • sootie87
    Options
    try less sodium too!
  • Ophelia75
    Ophelia75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ask your PT to take a look at your food diary. A good PT should advise you on nutrition and be willing to look at what you are eating.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Change the kind of food you are eating. More fresh whole foods.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    In regards to butter vs marg, go butter every time. Marg is of the devil. If you have to, have the natural stuff. PB is awesome and is great in moderation.

Are you switching up your exercise? I'm another person who uses exercise to help with depression. But I think you're taking it a tad too far. 2-3 hours a day is not realistically for a long term goal.

My suggestion? Take a break from the gym for a week. Walk for 30 minutes a day only. It might shock your body into realizing its ok to lose the weight! From your profile you're almost at goal too, which makes it harder to lose as well.

Lastly, are you measuring too?
  • mezzoforteish
    Options
    I would say you should eat cleaner, and maybe don't over exercise. You should try to eat less junky food and salty food.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It is taking me a while, too. However, I am 46 and am battling a family history of endocrine issues. I am losing less than 1/2# a week and am exercising daily and eating around 1300 calories a day. I also take medication to slow my heart rate due to an irregular beat and have been told that will make it harder to burn fat. So while it may be slower, if I'm going down on the scale, that's definitely better than up. I'm just sticking with it. Since August 1st, I've only lost just under 15#.