I need to vent about my ex!!

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
OK, I'm venting...

My ex-husband takes our five-year old son to the zoo on Saturday. Great! We talk and agree he'll drop him off at 3:30 for me to take him to a pumpkin carving party. I remind him to bring me his backpack so we can do his homework, as well as his halloween costume that he borrowed the weekend before and hadn't yet brought back.

He drops my son off without either, saying "he didn't want to drive all the way home first." It's less than 2 miles from him... but whatever. OK, fine, just bring it to my parents tomorrow when we take him trick or treating around their neighborhood.

The ex shows up for Trick or Treating without our sons costume... and without his backpack, coat, lunch bag... anything. BUT, he has his own costume that he's spent hours on to become Doc Octupus, Spiderman's nemesis... Not that our son can wear the Spiderman Costume he left at home (an hour away). So, that sucked, but he was able to go as Superman since I brought a back-up costume.

However, the worst part? Since my son now didn't have his homework this morning, he doesn't get to go out for recess, etc. I asked Norm to please call his teacher and explain. He says No - That this will TEACH OUR SON A LESSON.

WHAT> THE>???

This isn't our son's fault. You took him to the zoo, and expected him to know he'd need his backpack and costume? Complete bullsh*t. And then he screamed at me telling me it's my fault.

OK... Whew! I feel better having vented! But wow I want to throttle him today.

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Grrr what a butthead.
  • seesusanwrite
    seesusanwrite Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You have every right to be angry and venting is definitely a good thing to do to get it out of your system. It sounds like your ex and mine could be brothers. Seriously. I was reading this post and was thinking "Yep, that's what B would do." Good thinking on the backup costume!

It's cruel, too, that he thinks it's okay that his kid has to miss recess because of something HE did wrong. Ugh.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    What a jerk. He's acting more like a 5-year old than your son. He really expects a child that age to remember his backpack? Shame on him!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    OMG, I'd have to hire me a hitman! And idk if i'd do any good or not, but I would call the teacher and explain what a *kitten* his father is!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Want us to kick his *kitten*?
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Don't ya love them exes!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how some people can turn anything they do into it being someone else's fault. Your son is five? How is that his fault the homework isn't done and he needs to learn a lesson from it. He's five right? Okay, adult man, that makes completely logical sense.

And how dare you not remind him over and over to bring your child's things with him. Duh, that's what you do when you schlep kids back and forth. Make a checklist and keep it by the front door, dude.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    ****head. Good decision to make him your ex.....
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    UGH!! Idiot!!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    They say having children makes you grow up. Apparently, that's not true for everyone.

You really do have some bad luck with men.
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'd have to hire me a hitman! And idk if i'd do any good or not, but I would call the teacher and explain what a *kitten* his father is!

No kidding! What a **** move. I'm sorry you have to deal with that, and sorry your son will have to do the same when he's old enough to realise what's happening.
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    you see the gun in your profile pic?? use it lol
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    id kick him int he face
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    D-Bag!
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    What an *kitten*
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow what a jerk! I hear you on all of this, I deal with the same BS from my ex!! We are actually in the process of going back to court AGAIN right now! EX'S SUCK!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    These are the moments I realize how thankful I am to be divorced - sorry if that sounds cruel but his lack of responsibility in life is unbearable. And he has no concept of taking ownership for his mistakes or apologizing - none.

I did talk to the teacher this morning (truth be told w/ tears in my eyes) and explained. She is awesome and said not to worry, it happens and she won't punish Leland for it since this was clearly not his fault. Thank goodness. It's their Halloween party at school today and he's SO excited about it.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    How do you not punch in the throat repeatedly?

I'm soooo glad I never had to deal with that, I look horrible in orange.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    They say having children makes you grow up. Apparently, that's not true for everyone.

You really do have some bad luck with men.

Yeah, I left when my son was 18 months old and it was obvious he would not "grow up" and be a daddy *LOL*
  • odusgolp
    Options
    you see the gun in your profile pic?? use it lol

*LMFAO* SO tempting :)