I need to vent about my ex!!

Options

Replies

• sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    So, now do tell ... why is he your ex?

I can match your story and raise you one, but in the spirit of Halloween, I'll let you have the trump ex story for the day.

Signed me ... one who can breathe more easily and smiles often.
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    kick int he face is less violent lol
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This is pretty clearly all your fault.

You married a guy named Norm
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    What a complete and utter douche! There is a reason why some people are Exes. On the plus side, I'm glad your son's teacher is cool & understanding...I hope the little guy has fun at his party today!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*. Glad to hear he's an ex ... they get that title for a reason, don't they?! I'm soooo sorry.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    These are the moments I realize how thankful I am to be divorced - sorry if that sounds cruel but his lack of responsibility in life is unbearable. And he has no concept of taking ownership for his mistakes or apologizing - none.

I did talk to the teacher this morning (truth be told w/ tears in my eyes) and explained. She is awesome and said not to worry, it happens and she won't punish Leland for it since this was clearly not his fault. Thank goodness. It's their Halloween party at school today and he's SO excited about it.
    Glad you talked tot he teacher. Hope your son has a great day.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    someone should teach him a lesson...
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Aw I'm so sorry! My sons father is so frustrating to deal with as well! I'm so glad we're divorced too! Seriously, if you can't put your child first, then you need to reevaluate your life & make changes! Period. Hope your and your sons day got better!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    That's really sad!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    wow, that sucks. what a lazy person. Sounds like he can't take responcibility for his actions so it's better to first put it off on the kid, and then you

sorry you and your son had to deal with that
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

I can match your story and raise you one, but in the spirit of Halloween, I'll let you have the trump ex story for the day.

Didn't realize it was a pissing contest.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

Didn't realize it was a pissing contest.

That's why I let her have all the "glory."
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    you see the gun in your profile pic?? use it lol

*LMFAO* SO tempting :)

It wouldn't bother me a bit. I'd be happy to!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm glad his teacher understood the situation. Hope your son has fun at his halloween party!!! :)
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Gee, I wonder why he's your EX. *eye roll* I'm sorry you and your son deal with that!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    you see the gun in your profile pic?? use it lol

second!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    These are the moments I realize how thankful I am to be divorced - sorry if that sounds cruel but his lack of responsibility in life is unbearable. And he has no concept of taking ownership for his mistakes or apologizing - none.

I did talk to the teacher this morning (truth be told w/ tears in my eyes) and explained. She is awesome and said not to worry, it happens and she won't punish Leland for it since this was clearly not his fault. Thank goodness. It's their Halloween party at school today and he's SO excited about it.
    Ouch. That does suck. Glad you were able to talk to the teacher.

Sounds like maybe you are adjusting to not being able to count on your ex as a responsible adult. That's hard to do emotionally, but getting there logistically isn't impossible. You're already doing it (backup costume, for example). It may mean more work, bigger hassle for you. But the payoff may ultimately be less emotional stress.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    what an as$hat. he needs to be taught a lesson or two . . .
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    no bueno at all. Baby daddies are often times not easy to deal with. I'm sorry yours proves that point....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! This day will get better, my son will have fun. And that is all the matters in the end is that he has a good Halloween and is none-the-wiser about any of this.

I have to find a way of talking to the ex about this and finding out why he has been so unable to keep a routine lately... But not today.