Wedding Approaching!

Options
So, I'm not new by any means but I do need a fresh start! I got engaged over the weekend and my wedding is March 23 2012. I need to loose about 40 at minimum, really need some support. I hope I can find some friends to help motivate me. I really don't want to be so overweight on my wedding day.

J

Replies

• JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome! I would love to help if i can!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement!!! How exciting! Feel free to add me, I'm also getting married in 2012 and would love to give you support (and hopefully receive some in return!) :flowerforyou:
  • aimeerowe91
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement!
    And you've definitely come to the right place. I couldn't have lost what I've lost without the support of everyone on here :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, congratulations! That's fantastic!! I know you can get in shape by the big day- stick to the plan and you will see results! Feel free to add me for motivation and support :D
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not new by any means but I do need a fresh start! I got engaged over the weekend and my wedding is March 23 2012. I need to loose about 40 at minimum, really need some support. I hope I can find some friends to help motivate me. I really don't want to be so overweight on my wedding day.

J

5 month engagement? why such a rush?
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hello!!!

Bizarrely so did I!! Well kinda - we have been together for 7 years so it was about time.

We are getting married in February and my other half is at several venues today making a shortlist whilst I am at work.

Congratulations and hope we can help each other x
  • jenmorris01
    Options
    I am getting married next year too! Anyone feel free to add me on the road to wedding day bliss! :)
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    congratulations! i'm getting married in April 2012! you're definitely in the right place to have people help and encourage you in your healthier lifestyle! feel free to add me and we can motivate each other :)
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement. A wedding is what got me started.. I have 5 weddings to attend next year. Its a great motivator. You will do great.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hehe, I'm engaged, too. :) I've got til Summer 2013 - but all the more reason *not* to procrastinate on this, and really get in shape now! :)
  • fabfav
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement!! And as for why the 5 month engagement rush?? We've been together 2 1/2 years and been planning for awhile now but just made it official ;) We're just ready ...plus I'm not getting any younger ;)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in June, losing weight myself for the same reason. Feel free to friend me if you like. I'm not an expert by any means but I have been making steady progress and have done a fair amount of homework on both the food and the exercise side of things.
  • falfal923
    falfal923 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Getting married in June 2012, Need some motivation to get this weight off as well!!
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I met a wonderful man a few weeks ago and already we're talking marriage (and my last name is not Kardashian ;) Feel free to add me.
  • kjporter83
    kjporter83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next July, also part of my motivation for losing weight. Feel free to add me.