Brand New - looking for friends!

Options
Hello everyone!
I have been tracking my calories for about a month but didn't realize all the great tools that the website actually had! I am excited to make new friends that have the same goals as me! I lack follow through, I always have good ideas but rarely keep them going for more than a few days. I started the 30 Day Shred last week, did 3 days & then missed Saturday & Sunday so I am re-starting today as my Day 1. Anyone who uses the shred as their work out - how do you track it in your exercise log? Anyway, I haven't lost any weight yet so it's time to get serious! I would love to make friends, so feel free to add me! Let's do this together!!

Replies

• orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I also lack follow through. My intentions are there, but then I drop the ball. I started over 2 weeks ago and really enjoy the site.

Feel free to add me, I need all the motivation I can get.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey, feel free to add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me as well!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I have been tracking my calories for about a month but didn't realize all the great tools that the website actually had! I am excited to make new friends that have the same goals as me! I lack follow through, I always have good ideas but rarely keep them going for more than a few days. I started the 30 Day Shred last week, did 3 days & then missed Saturday & Sunday so I am re-starting today as my Day 1. Anyone who uses the shred as their work out - how do you track it in your exercise log? Anyway, I haven't lost any weight yet so it's time to get serious! I would love to make friends, so feel free to add me! Let's do this together!!

I think more fail on the so call 30 day shred deals, how about 1lb a week to ya get to where u want to be.. Be reasonable just don't kill ya self getting there. It took me 55 years to get fat I will not change that with a 30 day shreddddddddd, Good Luck!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Good luck Amanda! Welcome to MFP
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi! Been here since March and love this site! However, I like you am proned to goofing off way more than I should. So my question is would we help or hurt each other's efforts? I'm for trying it, just wanted you to know what you're up against! :bigsmile:
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You can add me also!!
  • amandaf625
    Options
    Definitely going to add all of you! I need all the friends I can get :) I think as long as we all have a common goal, we can get there together :wink:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You've made a great start so good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend
    Di
    :flowerforyou:
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hey neighbor!! Welcome!! You'll love it here!
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    Hi! My weight and goal weight are almost the same as yours and I totally lack follow through! Feel free to add me!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck! You can do it!

You can add me if you want.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about missing the weekend for your shred. I don't use it on the weekends and I'm on my second round of it. It actually took me about 45 days to complete the entire dvd but that didn't bother me. So long as I completed it in a reasonable amount of time I was happy. I am still taking weekends off from it and today was day 5 of level 1 for me. Good luck to you and please feel free to add me as a friend. also when you log it into your excercise diary you can add it as Circuit Training, general.

Good Luck!
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! Feel free to add me!
    Love
    Cassie
  • Mommyof3CrazyBoys
    Mommyof3CrazyBoys Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site with a lot of supporting people. I lack follow through also and as of today I am starting over. I will add you as a friend. Good luck!
  • amandaf625
    Options
    Don't worry about missing the weekend for your shred. I don't use it on the weekends and I'm on my second round of it. It actually took me about 45 days to complete the entire dvd but that didn't bother me. So long as I completed it in a reasonable amount of time I was happy. I am still taking weekends off from it and today was day 5 of level 1 for me. Good luck to you and please feel free to add me as a friend. also when you log it into your excercise diary you can add it as Circuit Training, general.

Good Luck!

Thank you!! I was wondering how to add it to come as close as possible to what I was actually doing. I appreciate the help!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I think more fail on the so call 30 day shred deals, how about 1lb a week to ya get to where u want to be.. Be reasonable just don't kill ya self getting there. It took me 55 years to get fat I will not change that with a 30 day shreddddddddd, Good Luck!

Ditto!
    Don't know the 30 day shred.
    What I do know is that my goal is 1 -2 lbs per week and I have been losing in that range since April.

Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    Welcome to MPF! We are both on the the same 30 DS group. I just added you! Best wishes!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ...feel free to add me..:flowerforyou:
  • thatgirl02
    thatgirl02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My friend introduced me to this site, I've tried a few other sites in the past but never found what i was looking for. So hopefully this is it, now I just have to remember to come here.

I've always had an issue with my weight... we just don't get along. And it's not like I eating unhealthy... because my dad is a diabetic so we don't really keep sugary foods in the house. My one weekness was mountain dew, not that i drank a lot of it, maybe a can a day.... but I have recently cut that out and am on a water kick. It's helped a lot with loosing some pounds. But my exercising has seen better days. I keep telling my self that i want to start working out and then never do... there is really no reason for it, i guess i'm just lazy. Well my lazy days are over... I've got the motivation i need now... and hopefully all of you guys can help too.

thanks!
    Tammi