Dance Dance Revolution!

Options
Hi! Is anybody here playing DDR as part of your exercise routine? I'm really into it right now :-) I know the calories are not really exact but I believe I must be burning more than it actually says. I really give it all when I dance and I try to imitate the dancers as much as possible!

Any tips? Comments about the game? Anyone who wants to motivate me to keep dancing?

Replies

• jesn311
    jesn311 Posts: 43
    Options
    If you don't have an HRM, get one. That will give you a great idea of how much your burning.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Ah ah, played this thing ages ago... God it makes you sweat a lot!

Really good though!

Tip: go for hardcore electronic music @ 180 BPM (beat per minute) and try to follow the rhythm... Nah, just kidding ;-) (or am I?)
  • manenina
    Options
    I want to get a HRM... I don't have one right now. I'm just trusting what the game says
  • Kistaro
    Options
    I do wish there was a better estimate for calories burned during the game! DDR is my primary exercise- to the tune of about 90 minutes every other day. I kind of can't make myself stop until I'm too exhausted to even pretend to continue...

I've recently started playing much harder songs. My biggest problem was the mat sliding around under me making anything more intense than about a 6 completely impossible, but using carpet tape to adhere it to one of those plastic chair mats with the spikes on the bottom was a perfect fix- now it grips my carpet and is rock steady. At least, as far as I've gotten, it is- I'm not exactly doing Pluto Relinquish on Expert yet!
  • LFlo79
    LFlo79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do you know what is even BETTER than DDR?!?! I recently went to a friends birthday party and she had a XBox Kinect "Dance Central" competition going on! Let me tell you, I sweated my *kitten* off and it was SOOOOO fun! Each song has a level of difficulty (easy, medium, hard), so when you've mastered they easy, you can move onto the higher levels. It reads your entire body so you lose if you're not moving your entire body. Like the "Just Dance" for Wii, all you have to do to win is move the controller with whatever hand you're holding it with. Hell, you can win sitting down...not much fun if you ask me.

I think if you were to try it, you would be hoooooooked on it! I know I am!
  • manenina
    Options
    Well, maybe you haven't played DDR Hottest party 4! I mean, you have to move your feet a lot on the carpet and it also reads your movements with the remotes on your hands so, it's a pretty great workout!