My sister bought me FUDGE!

Options
My sisters just come back from devon after a weekend with her better half and brought me back 2 sticks of rock and a box of fudge..Ok so I thanked her and ate some peices..ok 6 peices!! And had no idea till I looked on here that they were SO high in cals.

Well ok I kinda had some idea considering it's pretty much butter and milk but ouchie. I'm now over my cals! How am i gunna resist temptation at the rest of the box?! That's a whole lot of cals!!

It's halloween and i've had some cuties and some not so cuties come to the house trick or treating and have just been handing out bags of haribo, should i give over my fudge?! It seems like such a waste!!

What would you do!

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Unless each piece of fudge is individually wrapped, do not try to give it out to the trick or treaters...K?
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Say thank you to your sister and then take the fudge to work and share it with your friends. RESIST THE TEMPTATION!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i LOVE fudge.... havent had any for ages... i would give it away!
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    it's wrapped in peices yeah :)

and terre that would be alot easier if she hadn't brought fudge back for so many people! oh and i don't work atm!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Have one piece every day. It won't ruin your day and it will last longer!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Another option is to cut the fudge into small pieces and wrap them individually. Freeze all but one piece. Allow yourself the one piece as a treat, then wait a few days and pull another one out to thaw. This way you can enjoy it, but control it. Kind of like what some people do when they freeze their credit cards in a block of ice...having to wait for it to thaw out gives you time to consider if the purchase is worth it!
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It's moments like this that make or break our weight loss. Be strong and resist and you'll be happier for it tomorrow!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    do you have a neighbor that is a shut in or elderly that doesn't get a lot of company? Perhaps a holiday card with some fudge would be a nice pick me up
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't waste your fudge on the halloweeners...its too good for that!!!

i'd take it to work n share it out but would probably allow myself the odd piece, making sure i counted it in...i've just thrown away some chocolates yesterday, rather than be tempted by them.

by the way, i would not have said this a month ago, i think my mind has been taken over by aliens, lol!!! :laugh:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I would give it away too. Coworkers, husband's coworkers, neighbor's family. You can do this!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Have one piece every day. It won't ruin your day and it will last longer!
    Yep. It's not a lot of calories if you spread it out over several days. (How long does fudge stay good? I got a dozen HUGE chocolate chip cookies for my anniversary and ended up throwing some out and taking some to work, because there was no way I would ever eat them all.)
  • lauradupree
    Options
    Freeze the fudge, and use it as a reward at the end of each week until it is gone. Then you can tell your sister that you enjoyed the fudge, and you will not have ruined your figure in the meantime. It will take some willpower, but you will be proud of your success in the end.
    Wishing you success,
    Laura
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Further, at the right time, you must clarify to sissy that you appreciate the thought but SHE MUST NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Unless each piece of fudge is individually wrapped, do not try to give it out to the trick or treaters...K?

Exactly what I was thinking. If my kids got fudge in their candy buckets that was not prepackaged it would go straight in the trash. If I were you I would either freeze it so it is not so available, or pass it on to a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • gel91
    Options
    Nope our neighbours we talk too and my sister brought the main ones back some rocks and that, and the neighbours we don't speak too, well we don't really get on with!! i split up with my partner a while ago and moved 300miles away so his family is a big no too!

and freezing it is an ok idea but one lickle peice just doesn't seem worth it!! it's so hard. maybe this will just be a test to me, i can say no to chocolate and donuts no problem. but fudge!! omg.

any one here want some fudge?!? ha
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Oh man, Fudge. You just made me realize my own dilemma I've got coming up. Every year for Christmas I make a bunch of Fudge and hand it out as gifts (a family recipe passed down from my grandfather who worked at Ambrosia Chocolate). The problem is the art of making it of course includes tasting your results and having some in the house. I'm so weak when it comes to that fudge I have no clue how I'm going to resist.

I'll at least promise not to send any to you :) Maybe I should see if I can find a low calorie way to make it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Pack and give it to the neighbors.
  • gel91
    Options
    I think low cal fudge would be quite hard! But good luck if you do! It's just so yummy.

I'm gunna leave it in the cuboard hidden behind some food and see if I can forget about it, and if I don't, well lets hope I've got it in me to behave myself!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Spray it with windex and toss it
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Screw it, send it here.