What are you handing out for Halloween?

Options

Replies

• Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    we had a few when i grew up the dentist and a few other people giving out toothbrushes and raisins/ penuts, always just avoided going to them,(unless i neneed a new toothbrush lol ;P ) we ALways remembered the houses that give out full size chocolate bars and litte goody bags of stickers and treats

id love some oatmeal tho lol
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    my mum has got a big bucket full of all sorts of sweeets and treat size chocolate bars etc! soo this si what she will be handing out. ill be handing out eggs threw my bedroom window with my friends :laugh:
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have a gigantic bowl full of all kinds of chocolate candy. No kid wants your raisins or your apples. LOL
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am not giving anything, why would I buy sweets for strangers? We don't DO halloween here anyway and so doubt if anyone will knock at our door unless its some scabby teenagers looking for free stuff....
  • 77bluebird
    Options
    One of my friends had her doorbell rung at 4pm by a bunch of 14yr olds in their school uniform! They were told in no uncertain terms to come back when they'd made an effort...
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    We won't even be home. My husband works 2nd shift and I will be out with the kids. Wouldn't matter anyway, we live in the country and no one ever comes to our house anyway. Hopefully people will have some canned goods. My oldest is going trick or treating with a school group to get non-perishable foods for the local food bank.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm giving out candy (nerds, starburst, reeses's peices and cups, hershey's, and kit-kats) and play-doh. I have to buy more candy on my way home today though because I used about half of it putting treat bags together for the moms. (Shameless self-promotion at my house tonight. I sell Avon so the moms are getting treat bags with flyers, samples, and a couple of peices of candy.)
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    I am not giving anything, why would I buy sweets for strangers? We don't DO halloween here anyway and so doubt if anyone will knock at our door unless its some scabby teenagers looking for free stuff....
    Because its for little kids mostly and its the thought that counts?
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hopefully people will have some canned goods. My oldest is going trick or treating with a school group to get non-perishable foods for the local food bank.

^^^^This is awesome. If someone came to my door and told me this I'd fill a bag of stuff for them. I hope they do well!!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options

people don't 'celebrate' halloween in England in the same way, its not done here, nobody has knocked on my door in the whole time I lived here and the local police discourage it, as it is looked upon as anti social, it is not something that I grew up even aware of, Bonfire night is WAY more important, a big deal.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

people don't 'celebrate' halloween in England in the same way, its not done here, nobody has knocked on my door in the whole time I lived here and the local police discourage it, as it is looked upon as anti social, it is not something that I grew up even aware of, Bonfire night is WAY more important, a big deal.
    I didn't know you were from England.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Cans of whoopazz. My kids aren't allowed candy and their bedtime is 7 pm, so don't ring our doorbell. Beat it, freeloaders! :-)

Although, maybe next year I will hand out photocopies of the Food Pyramid and toothbrushes...
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    Cans of whoopazz. My kids aren't allowed candy and their bedtime is 7 pm, so don't ring our doorbell. Beat it, freeloaders! :-)

Although, maybe next year I will hand out photocopies of the Food Pyramid and toothbrushes...

I think I know the responses you'll be getting in this thread. :indifferent:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    LMFAO cooked bacon and Atkins diet pamphlets.
    Bacon? I'm coming to your house.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

From people who don't get sarcasm, or from people who don't like kids with rules? I could always hand out Red Bull, and let the parents decide if the kids should drink it...

Intelligent readers will realize that I am saying that I don't let my kids trick-or-treat, negating the need for healthy handouts.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    snack size pringles, aero bars, smarties, M&M's, Kit Kat etc.....we live in the country too and doubt we will get many tick or treaters, but I always buy it anyways. Id hate to run out if it did happen to be a good year!
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    Mini haribo packets, lots of the local parents bring their kids round so i like to get some sweets in for them. They look so cute dressed up. We dont celebrate it much in England but a small 16g pack kf jelly sweets wont kill them, so i think why not. I would love to experience halloween USA style. I bet its amazing
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

From people who don't get sarcasm, or from people who don't like kids with rules? I could always hand out Red Bull, and let the parents decide if the kids should drink it...

Intelligent readers will realize that I am saying that I don't let my kids trick-or-treat, negating the need for healthy handouts.

Are you trying to say I'm unintelligent? Also if you knew sarcasm well you would of gotten that what I said was exactly that...sarcasm.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Oatrmeal? Woah.

I hope you are ready to pick up opened oatmeal packages in your yard lol!
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    Oatrmeal? Woah.

I hope you are ready to pick up opened oatmeal packages in your yard lol!
    Maybe horses come to her house for halloween :laugh: