Ripped in 30 Starting NOW...Join Me

Options

Replies

• Orionbelt
    Options
    My *kitten* hurts from yesterday! Took today off to do a run since my big run is next week. Still burned 544 calories today though!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a chance to work out yesterday...but, moving on to Week 2 anyway...I can't miss any more days!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    W2D1...I think I am going to throw up :sick:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I will start this on the 1st. im doing 30 day shred as well so i will be doing one in the morning and ripped in the afternoon. If i dont get rid of this baby belly by the end of this then something will be terribly wrong

Well, W2 will definitely fix your problem...
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    W2D1...I think I am going to throw up :sick:

Yup! Brutal eh. I did W2D2 today and it was a bit easier and I actually did t feel like puking so that's an improvement, right!?!

Kind of proud of myself tonight. Had to drop Hubby off to his ship this morning (he's in the Navy) because he is on duty (a 24 hour shift) so it was just me and my 5, 4, and 3 year old today. Andrade cookies, decorated for Halloween, I made their costumes and just had fun all while cleaning the house and getting laundry done. I was exhausted tonight and just had plans to not do Ripped at all. That is until at about 8:30 pm I knew that if I didn't it, I would have no regrets but if I didn't I would...so I did it! Yay me!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    W2D2 is done...agreed, less of a puking feeling. The abs are CRAZY in this one. I find I have to do lots of modifying. My waistline better be whittled after this week. I would like to be confident with W2 before moving to W3. At this point it's questionable. I keep trying to be kind Shelly and that's not really going to happen in 30 days.

Sounds like a wonderful day with the kiddies. My hubs is retired Army; so, I know the feeling of having to do it all by yourself. Yours are so young as well. It is exhausting :yawn:

Has anyone noticed their weight going up? Mine is up 3 lbs :noway:
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    Just finished...phew. This week is tough. The planks kill me.

My weight hasn't gone up but is hasn't moved at all. I figure that's a good thing. Normally when I do weights I do gain weight for the first little bit because I really retain water. Right now I have my calories set to lose 1/2 lb per week (about 1500 calories) so I figure I'm doing alright by not gaining with Ripped. I'm actually at a cross roads right now because a while back I surpassed my weight loss goal (after having three babies in less then three years I never though I would weigh less than before having kids but I do). I would love to lose five more lbs but I can't seem to budge from my current weight. My focus is on toning more then anything so I'll take whatever I can get...as long as it doesn't involve me puking during these workouts! Those tabletop exercises has my stomach rolling today!

I promised myself one halloween candy if I worked out so I'm off to enjoy it. I cut a reece cup into eight pieces so I can savor it!
  • o0oAliciao0o
    Options
    FINALLY done 10 days of workout 1. Longest 10 days ever! (Was actually 12, took 2 off). Excited to see what there is inside Workout 2!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    10/30, W2D1
    10/31, W2D2 & 30 minutes elliptical

11/1, W2D3 & some elliptical...I have the day off work so I should get a good workout in. I have only slept 6 hours for each of the past two night and am starting to feel tired. But, I will get it done.

I have to say that althought I want to vomit during W2, I like the exercises much better than W1. I am extremely afraid of W3.

I took my measurements today and I've lost 2.25 inches and gained 1.4 lbs as of today....I'm hoping that the weight will start to melt off...2 1/2 weeks to go.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    10/30, W2D1
    11/1, rest
    11/2 W2D3 (240 cals) & 30 minutes elliptical (260 cals)

I think I'm getting better at week 2...no vomiting feeling today!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    10/30, W2D1
    11/1, rest
    11/2 W2D3 (240 cals) & 30 minutes elliptical (260 cals)
    11/3 W2D4 (257 cals) & 31 minutes elliptical (257 cals)
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    I've had to lighten up this week. I came down sick and I have my 10 k race tomorrow. Will get back to full time Ripped on Sunday!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Awwww, hope you are feeling better...:flowerforyou:

I am hoping to do W2D5 today and W2D6 tomorrow. Sunday, will be my rest day.

I used some yoga blocks to do the table tops and ab holds. IDK, I think my arms are too short - or - my abs are that bad. Anyway, it works great. My abs feel so much more tones. How could they not with all the plank moves!!!
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    I didn't have a great week with week two but today I start Week Three! Had a great run on Saturday. For a girl who said she would never run, I'm pretty proud to say that I completed a 10k! The longest I ever ran before that was 6k so I'm pretty happy to have finished in 1 hour and 15 minutes with an 874 calorie burn!

Looking forward to getting back into Ripped!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey, great job on the run!!! I've tried the C25K....but, I was a week 5 dropout. I think I would like to try it again when I weigh a little less. The last 5K I did was warrior dash in MN and WI.

I did not do any workouts on Sat or Sun. I just didn't feel good on Saturday and was able to get the day off work. Sunday, between church and work, there was not time. I plan to finish W2 today and start W3 tomorrow. I like the fact that you are going first. :wink: Keep me posted on the fear factor, or pain to come :laugh:
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    Week Three...holy crap. That is all!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    W2D5 done deal...catching up to you tomorrow...honestly, I'm quite afraid

I'll be taking measurements as well....hoping there's some shrinkage

:drinker: :drinker: half way done :drinker: :drinker:
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    How did the measurements go?

It's just about workout time for me now and my legs and arms are screaming "NO"! Yesterdays workout was brutal and I'm sure it is going to really hurt today. My motivation, however, is the sleeveless dress I just bought for a dance Hubby and I are going to on Saturday night. My arms WILL look good in this dress IF I workout all week! Right?!?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thoughts for the day:

Down 1.3" Bust, 1.25" Waist, .50 ABD
    Same in the hips (thinking 4 kids here doesn't help) and thigh (may be losing weight but gaining muscle)

I liked it in a sick, twisted way
    I am hoping to see lots of progress in completion
    I could not do the "roll on your back and stand up" things
    I burned 281 calories
    I think I need to wait for the elliptical, my legs are shaking
  • Orionbelt
    Options
    Felt like I needed some motrin this morning when I woke up since my muscles are so sore so I decided today would be a rest day. Are you finding yourself more sore during week three because I am! Maybe I'm just pushing myself harder but my legs are exhausted and my arms are killing me!

Have to say though that I am loving the results. I haven't taken my measurements yet but my clothes feel loser and I can see more definition in my arms which I LOVE! I haven't lost any weight but I haven't lost any weight in a long time which I am alright with. I'm just starting to think my body is at the weight it wants to be at and considering I never thought I would see below 150 after having three kids I am very pleased with 139.