Can stand the people on MFP!

Am I one of the only ones who cant stand to even read some posts? Like whenever anyone asks for "diet tips" or even at the name of HCG people just get plain rude! The poster may be new to losing weight and it should be ok to talk about. The forms should be open for all discussion not just "diet and exercise is the only thing to lose weight"

Does anyone else feel this way too? This has just been bothering me for a long time!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    75$ per hour, and you can tell me all about it.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    I'll give a discounted price and go so low as $70. (sorry koos, it's a dog eat dog world out there) :P
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    It's not being rude.. It's called telling the truth in my opinion.

By the way.. thats all they are is opinions. No one says that the poster has to listen to any of them.. and if they didn't want advice(both good and bad) then they never should have posted in the first place.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    People DO discuss these things. Daily. Sometimes several times a day.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    I agree. Some people on this site are so rude towards others. I know people have their own opinions on all the different diets out there but there's no excuse for rudeness!

However it's only a select few who are cruel. All of my mfp friends are very supportive and seem like lovely people!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    This is the internet.

There are many kinds of people on said internet.

Some just tell people what they want to hear.

Others tell the truth, naked and unvarnished.

Which is better in the long run?
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Some people can be rude, but thats like that with the internet world and real (life) world. But those are the ones you just brush off your shoulders and dont let it get to you. There are also a whole lot of people who are really sweet on here. Focus on that part of MFP, the good side of it:ohwell:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I can usually stand the people that I'm friends with, or share the same views as me, but I have learned that I can also stand the people that have differing opinions.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    It's the internet. People can say whatever they want and not be held accountable. If you don't like it, get tougher skin or ignore it. There are plenty nice people on here (like me!!) :happy:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    I'll give a discounted price and go so low as $70. (sorry koos, it's a dog eat dog world out there) :P

Blah.. blah.. blah.. My price includes private time with Tiffany.
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    It's not being rude.. It's called telling the truth in my opinion.

By the way.. thats all they are is opinions. No one says that the poster has to listen to any of them.. and if they didn't want advice(both good and bad) then they never should have posted in the first place.

agreed!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    I agree. :happy:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Some people just don't sugar-coat things. They just speak bluntly.

It's not being rude. It's called "being brutally honest"
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member

Blah.. blah.. blah.. My price includes private time with Tiffany.

:grumble:
  • prettyinpink116
    prettyinpink116 Posts: 35 Member
    WOW I just recently posted a topic about how rude a lot of people are on here! Here's the link you should check it out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/373326-why-is-everyone-so-rude-on-here

I completely agree. But I will say that after I posted that I had a lot of messages and friend requests from people who were encouraging and were really nice. :) SO I hope that happens to you too!

I'll send you a friend request :)
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    I find the really rude, cruel people go to the forums, unfortunately. If you're friends with them, it's much less likely they'll be mean. But I've had some MEAN replies. It is an open forum, but it still sucks.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Some of these questions are just weird, and they are asked quite often. It's understandable when someone is new to physical activity and healthy eating, but really, how many people are going to ask if they can count standing up as exercise?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Am I one of the only ones who cant stand to even read some posts? Like whenever anyone asks for "diet tips" or even at the name of HCG people just get plain rude! The poster may be new to losing weight and it should be ok to talk about. The forms should be open for all discussion not just "diet and exercise is the only thing to lose weight"

Does anyone else feel this way too? This has just been bothering me for a long time!

Well, one might argue that saying you can't stand people on MFP is rude.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    75$ per hour, and you can tell me all about it.

LMAO.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I can stand them too!
    Well, some of them :)