Why is everyone so rude on here?

124»

Replies

• Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    huh?
    DOUBLE WINNER
    So the OP is the double winner? Or is she confused by all the responses?

Yes, OP is double winner for such a well thought out and in depth response to those trying to answer her questions. And for being so specific about what she is confused about.

LOL! :laugh:
  • megansmayhem
    megansmayhem Posts: 12 Member
    I am not rude nor will I ever be. I do not think it is okay to be rude to others when trying to do something good for yourself. Add me if you would like. I don't judge. :)
  • Lol...this reply made me laugh. - Sorry, I'm editing this after posting it because I thought it would reply to a certain reply...I am in no way laughing at the intial post of this thread.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Well maybe not everyone and no offense to you if your readin this and haven't been rude to anyone. But it just seems like alot of people are negative and not interested in motivating one another but instead interested in tearing them down.

I posted a question about the show I Used to Be Fat, & I didn't once say I wanted to do what they did, but was just curious as to how they achieve such crazy results, as it took me about 6 months to lose 60 lbs, not 6 weeks like on the show, & I got some answers from people being very sarcastic, rude & talking to me in a condescending tone like I'm dumb for thinking I can do what they do when if they would've read my question they would've seen that I'm not interested in doing what they do, just curious how they do it.

& I just went on the motivation&support section and a girl asked a question about how to lose 10lbs quickly and people were ripping her head off! A lot of the answers were so mean.

I'm just curious does anyone else notice this? Why are people so mean and unsupportive on here? I thought this was a place to share success stories & get support from one another? Whats going on?

She wanted to lose 10 lbs in 11 days. I personally do not think that's very healthy. This is the internet and people are going to be rude. You will get trolled if you ask for ridiculous advice.

I don't think it is asking for ridiculous advise....only reason why I am saying this is because when I first started exercising and eating 5 small meals a day, only drinking water, etc. I dropped 12lbs in 12 days....so it just depends on where you are at in your journey and how overweight you are when you start.

You are correct, different people lose different ways and it is quite possible to do what she was asking for. AND, she got some responses with actual advice, and a lot telling her it was unsafe. It only took a downturn when she proceeded to get angry that people were telling her NOT to do it and called EVERYONE fat and brainwashed. I will admit, at that point a gray, dark haze fell over my brain and I am not responsible for what I said afterwards. *thank DOG it got deleted*
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    I honestly just ignore the people on here like that. But don't take it personal, some people were never taught, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" Keep your eye on the prize girl, there are a lot of us really supportive people on here also!

I agree with these sentences completely. There are some VERY opinionated people on this site that only see things their way, however, that's not everyone on this site. So ignore the "rude" ones and focus on the positive and motivating people/posts.

Good luck on your jounrey and hopefully you'll find some great MFP friends
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Welcome to the internet... and an open forum.

This forum is generally mild compaired to others I have been on.

Very true! I've seen a good amount of good comments on here but it's absolutely nothing compared to Youtube! Gah the internet really is a double-edged sword.
  • Maybe they are all hungry?

Bhhhahahahahahhaha..... And it doesn't help when there are ads for do-nuts at the top of the web page.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member
    I'm not rude. I think some folks just like to bulky others and are just jealous of those who try to be positive
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    My parents raised me long ago to treat others as I'd want to be treated so I continue to live by that rule.

And yet, how you wish to be treated may be offensive to me, and not how I would wish to be treated. This is why that adage doesn't work.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    My parents raised me long ago to treat others as I'd want to be treated so I continue to live by that rule.

And yet, how you wish to be treated may be offensive to me, and not how I would wish to be treated. This is why that adage doesn't work.

Such logic you use... :flowerforyou:
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Welcome to the internet.
    You+Must+Be+New+Here.jpg

lol awesome
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    That sucks that you got rude treatment! I haven't got anything except nice comments and awesome friends! Just ignore the bad and soak in the good :D
  • ladyrayado
    ladyrayado Posts: 57 Member
    I find the people here rude too. Not all of them, but some... they tend to be very judgmental. As others mentioned, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything." I guess these people missed the memo. I've gotten a few rude replies to my posts and that's why I spend most of my time over at the 3FC forum now. I'm sorry you've experienced the same, but don't let it get you down! Haters gonna hate!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Was the this the thread i posted in just before i went out...about some girl wanting to lose something like 10lb in 11 days for halloween? My reply was informative, and not at all rude...very restrained for me i thought.

Did someone tell her to drink more water, skip breakfast, and cut carbs? That would explain the explosion i apparently missed...

Has the thread been deleted now?
    "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything.

So, if someone said they were going to starve themselves for 2 weeks to lose weight, what do we think of that?, you just...wouldn't say anything?

Sometimes people need a good boot up the *kitten* to see the wood for the trees...
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Has the thread been deleted now?

Yes. I suspect Ex-Lax girl's advice had something to do with it.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    2 things worth noting, that I think sometimes get lost on these boards...

1 - folks on these boards are often VERY supportive of people, but VERY harsh on bad ideas. Just because we think your idea is stupid doesn't necessarily mean we think you are stupid. There is A TON of bad advice at there that ranges from ineffective to out right dangerous. The value in this site comes from the ability to learn and be educated, not to have smoke blown up your butt.

2 - For most people on these boards, the topics we post about are very personal. The time and effort we spend trying to get healthy makes us highly vested in the notions that we believe in and that have had success with. That makes this place inherently more "volatile" than, say a car repair forum might be.

All that said, there are a lot of times when someone doesn't take the time to read as closely as they should, or are just trying to stir the pot. Unfortunately it's just the nature of the beast.

Similarly... this is the internet. It's a public forum that anyone can contribute to. If you're going to post here, be ready to hear some things you might not like... and it probably won't be sugar coated.

I agree with everything he said!
  • prettyinpink116
    prettyinpink116 Posts: 35 Member
    is that the new thing called sarcasm?