2»

Replies

• SandyCurrier
    Options
    WTG!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    we didnt buy any candy, we dont get many trick or treaters these days and didnt want to waste the money. However, if i go anywhere that has Take Five, Heath, reeses, or hersheys special dark bars....im eating them. Possibly all of them.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I bought some of the Skinny Cow candy bars to help me ward off temptation! They're really yummy...just had one for dessert after lunch!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Did anybody see the Halloween episode of Biggest Loser last week? They had a huge bucket of candy and would get a 1 pound advantage at the weigh-in for every pound they ate. None of them ate it, but they hid it to make Bob Harper think they ate every piece! He took out his revenge on them in the gym...bet they won't do that again!

On a side note, they said on the show that every year at Halloween, 20 MILLION POUNDS of candy corn are sold. Geez, that's a lot of sugar!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OMG! I don't know what to do with the leftovers! I just ate 3 small candy bars. Ugh!

Is there a local shelter you could donate to? Especially a women's shelter that takes in abused women, often with children in tow.
  • cconry
    cconry Posts: 2
    Options
    I've already had 5 Twizzlers (130 calories) and I requested that my kids bring me home chocolate . . .
  • TriciaAnn81
    Options
    I specifically bought candy to hand out that had lower calories, that way I don't feel so guilty about eating a piece or two!
  • Davis1818
    Davis1818 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I cannot have candy because if I start.....oh my. I will never stop. So no, I am not going to have any.Was too hard getting to this point where I no longer crave it. Is anyone else like that- all or none with sweets?
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Nope, not going to eat it, and if I don't have any trick or treaters (we live out in the country now), I'll take it to work and give it to coworkers.
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    To not give myself any temptations I bought small bags of pretzels and little halloween trinkets to give out. If I would have bought Twix, Peanut Butter Cups, or Snickers I would have had NO will power.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I already ate too much at work (seriously, we have cupcakes and about 10 different types of candy, and I received a little gift bag full of candy). I have no self control today. None!

I'm going to add extra exercise and any extra candy is going to the last few trick-or-treaters before I turn off the lights. If I keep it at home, I'll eat it.

But I wish I wouldn't have had ANY. It's easier if I don't start... but I did, and now I want to keep eating.

I say if you have the self control, just try to not even start!
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this post. I've eaten a Reese's and Hershey's milk chocolate - both "fun size" - terrible name, does this mean no more "fun" for me! Reading everyone's posts inspires me to avoid eating anymore, unless I have 80 calories left for a Reese's, that is. :ohwell:
  • Otrepsi
    Otrepsi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We just moved to our neighborhood and the poll of the neighbors of how many trick-or-treaters we would get ranged from "none" to "tons!" so we bought a medium sized bag of stuff we would both eat and a large bag of stuff that we'd only like some of it. We opened the medium bag first (so far it looks like it's going to be less than a dozen kids) so we're going to return the unopened bag and I'm going to take most of the rest to work and let all 50 or so people in my building have at it.

We'll keep a little bit for ourselves and allot it into our daily calories. We very rarely buy ourselves candy so it's a treat.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I ate a ton.... tomorrow is another day. I don't even eat a lot on Thanksgiving so this is my big wahoo. LOL.