Hello and looking forward to my results

Options
Hello, I am soo excited about finding this site. I have been on a few other sites and although there great, this one seems to have everything one needs in order to be successful, such as a running total of carbs, protein, calories and exercise. Plus, you can look at days past, that is awsome. I have not found a FREE site that does all this.

With that being said, and for the last two days on entering my food, it looks like I should be eating more. Yesterday, 3/6/2009, was my first entry, and I entered everything for that day. My calorie intake before exercise should be 1200. After my exercise which I burned almost 700 calories, the site told me I should be eating more. Will I did not, because at this point and for the last 9 months, I have been exercising up to 2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. I have not lost anything. Granted I am now more of aware of what is going in my mouth than before. With that being said, I got up this morning and weigh 3 lbs less. Could it be water, who knows. But, I am very worried about eating the extra calories I earned from working out. So I am going to give this a week, and if I start loosing weight too quickly or feel I am not loosing it, then I will add more calories.

I love this site too, because now I know my carb, fat and protein limits. That is soo valuable to me. I have always had a problem figuring that out, and what a hastle.

This site is going to be the answer to my bodys future, I just hope it stays around for a long time.

Gail:love::happy:

Replies

• rivergirl2
    Options
    Hello, I am soo excited about finding this site. I have been on a few other sites and although there great, this one seems to have everything one needs in order to be successful, such as a running total of carbs, protein, calories and exercise. Plus, you can look at days past, that is awsome. I have not found a FREE site that does all this.

With that being said, and for the last two days on entering my food, it looks like I should be eating more. Yesterday, 3/6/2009, was my first entry, and I entered everything for that day. My calorie intake before exercise should be 1200. After my exercise which I burned almost 700 calories, the site told me I should be eating more. Will I did not, because at this point and for the last 9 months, I have been exercising up to 2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. I have not lost anything. Granted I am now more of aware of what is going in my mouth than before. With that being said, I got up this morning and weigh 3 lbs less. Could it be water, who knows. But, I am very worried about eating the extra calories I earned from working out. So I am going to give this a week, and if I start loosing weight too quickly or feel I am not loosing it, then I will add more calories.

I love this site too, because now I know my carb, fat and protein limits. That is soo valuable to me. I have always had a problem figuring that out, and what a hastle.

This site is going to be the answer to my bodys future, I just hope it stays around for a long time.

Gail:love::happy:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is great and you will love being on here!! Good luck to you!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Welcome and YES you really need to eat all your exercise cals. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode. Good LUCK!!! :flowerforyou:

Here is a good post to read. It's a lot of good info!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions?page=253
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo?page=16#posts-512923
    The author of these posts lost ALOT of weight. Trust me this is GREAT info!
  • rivergirl2
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I am going to stay on top of this.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • worldlywanderlust16
    Options
    Hey,

So I see you are working out for like three hours. Are you working out in your target heart rate? Because if you aren't you could be just losing muscle mass instead of the fat that we soooo desire to lose. I would invest in a heart rate monitor and start tracking it. I personally LOVE Garmins because they have this program that tracks your heart rate through your entire workout or you can break it up between cardio and strength and have a better idea of how and when you are burning the most calories.

Sally

180477.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting