Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Or make it a steak sandwich.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Even better if you bring a voluptuous friend to open the beer for him.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    We men are a simple creature....Feed us, Care for us, Love us for who we are.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Consistency. <---- Serious answer.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I agree.............

Other things that work in MY marriage:

1. Let him think he is king
    2. Cook breakfast and coffee for him every morning before work
    3. Dinner is always on the table Sunday - Thursday night
    4. Lingerie on occasion
    5. Occasionally paying on date night
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    goodwif1.jpg

You know a lot of us think, hmmm how old fashioned this is. Well, I gotta be honest. I started following pretty much this similar advice about 10 years ago and it has made all the difference. I feel better about my job of being a wife. I don't know how he feels about it, but his smile is worth it when we are together.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    10+
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    the-good-wifes-guide.jpg

Yeah, yeah, we've all seen this one before. What I what to know is where is "The good husband's guide" ???
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    I'd also say find out what his "love language" is. If you both know each other's love languages the marriage will be happier for both of you.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/learn-the-languages/the-five-love-languages/ (You don't have to buy the book, although I do recommend it. Just looking at the list will be helpful.)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    A little sweat never hurt anyone and sometimes being spontaneous is GREAT. Most marriages are missing spontaneous interaction.
  • SharaLynnG
    SharaLynnG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    have you read "for women only" -- helpful info on understanding men and what is important to them.
    I second this book...It is amazing! The author is Shanti Feldhahn. my husband really responds when I am grateful for all of his hard work. I got up an hour before he was supposed to go to work the other day and made breakfast, he literally thanked me for it 10 times throughout the day.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Make sammiches
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    give+it+to+your+wife+funny+label.jpg
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Have you tried counting calories and exercising?
    This is why I love you Kortney!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies, serious and otherwise :wink:

I'll look up all the books on Amazon. I had a friend who told me she was trying the 1950s housewife thing, but unfortunately it turned out that her husband was abusing her and had been for years, so her desire to be a 'better wife' was rather different from mine. I do think there is a grain of truth in it though.

I am very fond of giving the answer which appeared most often, and have been told I am very good at it, but (serious question here) why is it better than sex?

Sandwiches? I wake early to make my husband his every week day, but because it's every day, he only occasionally notices. If you didn't mean the literal kind, been there, done that and it wasn't a good choice.

Finally, why am I thinking about this? Well, my 4 year old adores me, and I would love for my dh to like me even half as much.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Seriously (and I liked a lot of those not serious answers, but I didn't like the graceful answer of following the very unserious answer where what youhave to say isn't important, but I digress.) Someone smart told me or wrote that what boys need very much is to not be gotten mad at. And being that men are boys, I'm thinking, patience, and kindness, noticing and commenting on what you like and kindly wording your requests that something be different. that includes, "honey, I've had a tough day too, and I'd like to talk about my stuff now".
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hard to say, as none of us really know you. Love your husband. Respect him as he respects you. Make decisions together - don't be the kind who makes the husband decide everything. Realize that no one is perfect - we all make mistakes. Be encouraging. Try to get to know his friends. Remember that the male brain is wired differently than the female and it's all good. If something's on your mind, tell him - don't make him guess. When you disagree, don't always have to be right. Pick your battles. Never say "I told you so". Assume that his dedication to your relationship is as strong as your own. Don't get jealous if he notices someone else is pretty - you notice other guys occasionally, right? Doesn't mean you're less dedicated to your marital relationship unless you act on it. Lastly - know what they say about going to bed angry? It's not always sound advice. I've gone to bed angry many times (we've been married 19 years) and awake to find that a lot of the cause of my anger was just being tired. So, it's ok to go to bed angry sometimes. But, if you're still angry the next day, talk it out and try to work it out before you go to bed another night.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    goodwif1.jpg

..lol....let me guess....single! :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Gonna go out a limb here and say you should talk to your husband about this. I bet you can both come up with ways you each be better for and to each other. Remember, marriage is a team sport.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I only know how to be a good wife to my husband. Every marriage is different.