Hot pants... Do they work???

Options
Hi, I am debating whether to get a pair of "hot pants" that make you sweat 80% more during a work out, they are meant to reduce your dress size by two sizes! I was wondering if anybody else has used them and what they thought of them. Or does it just make you loose water not fat??? Thanks guys!! X

Replies

• Noodles1982
    Noodles1982 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sweating is just water. So yes, in the end you'll just get an extra sweaty crotch. :flowerforyou:
  • laurenduck05
    laurenduck05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks, didn't realise there was another thread on this.... They were on a deal on groupon today so I thought I would find out if they are any good! Guess I know they are no good now!! Thanks again!!
  • laurenduck05
    laurenduck05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks, didn't realise there was another thread on this.... They were on a deal on groupon today so I thought I would find out if they are any good! Guess I know they are no good now!! Thanks again!!
  • ecoyle
    ecoyle Posts: 58
    Options
    i have a pair and they do make my skin so soft and 4 weeks after ordering the medium i now need the small i wouldn't pay 45 for them but the groupon deal is good. zaggora hotpants have facebook page and a lot of good reviews and results there.
  • ecoyle
    ecoyle Posts: 58
    Options
    if nothing else the are good to run in keep you cosy :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I can feel the heat in my legs.. and my pants underneath are always wet through when I change after session.. I've tried mine twice.. I didn't feel I was sweating loads though like some people are saying they were getting sweat marks through their clothes.. I tried a sauna vest too but I don't sweat as much as I did with the sauna belt and regular bin liner on.

I've got a groupon voucher for hot pants so might get the medium for half price in case these do make me a size smaller in 4 weeks!
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sweat is just water. Sweating more means losing more water. If you weighed right after that then sure, you be lighter but as soon as you drink some water (which you really should do after sweating a lot) it'll come back.

There is a tenancy to link sweating a lot with weight loss because doing a lot of exercise usually results in a lot of sweating BUT it's a side effect!
    Artificially making yourself sweat more isn't magically increasing the exercise you are doing! Just apply common sense.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    At the minute mine isnt changing at all, whether I've just been to loo or just done 2 hours exercise and sweating.. I went up 2lbs last week after got swollen leg, its still not gone down and whatever time i weigh I'm still 11st 8.

I used to get a 3-5lb fluctuation through the day.. so no idea why suddenly its not moving at all... I guess muscles holding onto water to heal maybe?
  • cat18275
    cat18275 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought some of these from groupon about 4 weeks ago. I'm always tempted by 'quick fixes' but I can honestly say that they do appear to work! Over the weeks I have lost inches from my thighs, bum and stomach without really changing anything in my daily routine. Added bonus is they also reduce the appearance of cellulite! My skin is much smoother. Yes you do sweat quite a lot in them but you don't feel wet until you take them off and you don't feel too hot in them either.

I'm going to start the November 'Zumba' challenge so will wear them every day and see what progress I make.
    Hope this helps?
    X
  • ak21211
    ak21211 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use hot pants, i'm on my 2nd pair and they are great!!!! Started off wearing a medium, and now a small, im in need of a xs but they dont do it! I used to be a size 12 but now fit into 10/8s!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The only thing it's making you lose is water weight. Not fat. It's the same logic as running on a treadmill with a down jacket. You're going to sweat a lot more, but not burn a single calorie more than if you were cooler. Fat loss will remain unaffected. This is a waste.