30 Day Shred vs Ripped in 30

Options
Hey guys! I recently just started my mfp journey over again (made a whole new profile) and I was curious about these two dvds. I've done only level 1 of 30 day shred but since then my laptop had burned out (had bought it on iTunes). However shortly before that I had bought Ripped in 30 on dvd.
Now I was just wondering if it were possible to do RI30 instead of 30DS and get the same results? Or should I do them in order?
Also results would be very much appreciated :D Thank you in advance guys! :D

Replies

• abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about this, too. I hope someone answers!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I have been doing both, and I don't think it matters, they are separate workouts and I don't think one is actually neccessary before the other.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I did them both, I would say it depends on your strength level and how in shape you are now! Were you sore from doing Level 1 of 30DS? Personally I did next to nothing for workouts before 30DS, and I was HURTING when I started! I don't think I would have been able to do RI30 without starting with 30DS, because I found it a bit more challenging. But it's all up to you! Both are awesome workouts - give it a try and if it feels doable, then go for it :) listen to your body. good luck!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I also did both of these DVDs (as they were meant to be done too!).

I already was working out 4 days/week before I started the shred but I didn't do a lot of ST! I was very sore with The Shred, I GAINED a few lbs (which isn't unheard of) with the shred, and I lost a TON of inches with the Shred!!!

With RI30 I was NOT nearly as sore (took off 6 weeks between the 2 of these DVDs). I LOST a few lbs, and I lost very little inches!

Overall, I think that The Shred was more challenging strength-wise, and RI30 was more challenging cardio-wise...and I think my numbers on the scale and the tape measure agreed!!

Regardless, they are both great workouts, and I still incorporate them both into my woprkout regimen 2/week!

Good luck on finishing them BOTH!!