November 2011-No late night/wise choice snacking

Options
Do you find yourself searching for something to snack on after dinner? Do you make healthy choices all day and right before bed you decide to go ahead and have a spoon or two of ice cream, a cookie, chips, etc.?

For some odd reason, this happens almost every night and you want it to STOP.

If this sounds like you, join us so we can support one another to beat late night snacking!

Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after that time, you may have tea and water only.

Tally your progress daily for a monthly total.

For Example:
Me: 22 ~ LNS: 9

You may join at ANYTIME. You don’t have to be successful every day; you just have to do your best. We’re not perfect and we all have non-successful days but the goal is to NOT GIVE UP! And keep posting to help encourage the rest of us

Welcome

Replies

• Nursdoc
    Options
    Have you tried Quaker Rice Cakes? They have a 90 Calorie pack "Caramel Drizzle". Its a healthier snack and fewer calories. It has a sweet taste and may help with your cravings. Good luck on your venture.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    lulabellewoowoo, thanks for keeping this challenge going!:flowerforyou:

My cut-off time remains 9:30 unless I am out late or special occasion and then I have until 11:30 p.m.
    Will report in tomorrow morning.
    Zaza
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to keep up in October. Had lots of issues and couldn't come on the boards as much as I liked. Felt like a failure, but I'm ready to do this for November and come on here and be held accountable.

Also start seeing a therapist this Thursday to help me deal with personal issues due to weight loss and my thyriod issues.

Thanks for keeping this thread going! Here's to a much better month!
  • jublum
    Options
    I AM SO READY FOR THIS BECAUSE I KNOW THE MONTH OF DECEMBER IS GOING TO BE CRAZY WITH ALL THE TEMPTATIONS AROUND THE HOLIDAYS
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Cut-off: 8 p.m. This is going to be a little hard in the beginning, but healthy :). I am also going to (hopefully) go to bed much earlier than I used to (already started this in October and it feels sooo good :)).

Good luck to everyone!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 1* ~ LNS: 0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 1*
    LNS - Zilch, zip, zero. (let's keep it that way)
  • rachemn
    Options
    Me: 0 LNS: 1

Ooops! That's not how I wanted to start November! Woke up at 2am and ate a protein bar...which I vagually remember. But I got this. I will do better!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Off to a good start for this challenge

Me; 1
    LNS: 0
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I wasn't able to keep up in October. Had lots of issues and couldn't come on the boards as much as I liked. Felt like a failure, but I'm ready to do this for November and come on here and be held accountable.

Also start seeing a therapist this Thursday to help me deal with personal issues due to weight loss and my thyriod issues.

October hasn't been a good month for me either, rachemn, but I am trying again, too :wink:. You wouldn't like to know for the how many-th time :blushing:. Coming back is already a success, congrats for getting back at trying.

There's one thing bothering me badly in your above post: you, failure? NO WAY! You are a winner - you are aware, you are trying, you are saving many days which would otherwise be lost! Even when you're dissapointed by the fact that you are not losing or gaing a bit, you are in fact overseeing the fact that you would have gained much more, weren't you aware and trying and saving these days :wink:

Here's to a successfull month! :drinker:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    ME - 1*
    LNS - Zilch, zip, zero. (let's keep it that way)

Lorna, dear, once again, all I can do is quote. DITO :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    There has never been one single post on MFP that has resonated with me as much as the top post, lulubelle.

Nov stats - me: 1 LNS: 0
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 2* ~ LNS: 0
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 2*
    LNS - 0

Still rolling in the right direction...
  • zaza54
    Options
    At least I'm doing well at this challenge-
    Me: 2
    LNS: 0
    Zaza
  • rachemn
    Options

October hasn't been a good month for me either, rachemn, but I am trying again, too :wink:. You wouldn't like to know for the how many-th time :blushing:. Coming back is already a success, congrats for getting back at trying.

There's one thing bothering me badly in your above post: you, failure? NO WAY! You are a winner - you are aware, you are trying, you are saving many days which would otherwise be lost! Even when you're dissapointed by the fact that you are not losing or gaing a bit, you are in fact overseeing the fact that you would have gained much more, weren't you aware and trying and saving these days :wink:

Here's to a successfull month! :drinker:

Thank you so much for your support! I really appreciate it!

Of course I ate another protein bar right before bed last night so now I'm 0 and 2. lol

Decided that I'm not going to purchase those bars again. Too much like a candy bar and I find them impossible to resist so from now on they will be an occasional treat and I will just buy 1 when I want a reward! They are only 3 net carbs and 175 calories so they aren't bad...unless you eat 2 in one setting! But I have a great workout plan for today and am getting back on track! The scale is once again moving in the right direction.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 2 - LNS: stuck at 0 :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Well, I got home sooooooooooo late from my work-out last night, that I skipped dinner and just ate a bowl of popcorn.

:(

(It was my birthday - I cut myself some slack, what can I say!)

So, Me: 1 - LNS - 1.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Well, I got home sooooooooooo late from my work-out last night, that I skipped dinner and just ate a bowl of popcorn.

:(

(It was my birthday - I cut myself some slack, what can I say!)

So, Me: 1 - LNS - 1.

You can say: "today is another day" and we'll say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, happy birthday to you..." :). Right, everyone? ;)

Actually, if I look closer at your report, I see a typo: why 1 for LNS if you only had popcorn? Was is topped with caramel or sugar? I'd say, if it was under 300 calories, changing the numbers is not a wrong thing to do :). As long as you don't make popcorn late at night a habbit :wink:.