Team UK - November 2011, new members welcome :)

Options
Hello Team UK!

Can you believe that it is November already!? Well, for me today marks 2 years since I moved to the UK - it's been a big 2 years but I still can't believe it has been that long. When I first moved I was really sad and homesick and off work waiting for vaccinations for 3 months and that is actually when I gained the majority of my weight. So now that I am FINALLY getting settled (just about to start my first permanent job and no longer saving for a wedding abroad) it is definitely time to re-focus and get this weight back a bit!

Looking forward to another month of Team UK motivation :)

Dotti xo

Replies

• jacks60
    jacks60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in x
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Good morning sweet. Let's get this month started.
  • hlouisej
    Options
    Count me in :drinker:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    A pinch and a punch... Happy November!

Lydia
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Can I join please?
  • charliebird
    charliebird Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A pinch and a punch... Happy November!

Lydia

Ha Ha - Punch and a Kick for being so quick - White Rabbits!!

Count me in too! Only 7 weeks until Christmas - thats a Stone challenge for me!!
  • hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm in!!
    :)
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Happy November everyone :happy:

Xmas - that thought has sent me into panic mode!

Have a great day everyone, Sam x
  • scubajojo
    Options
    Woohoo, count me in!
    (even though I'm a Canadian living in India... I do have a British passport and a house in Surrey, so please can I join?) hehehe

Good luck all!
  • shanzee_b
    shanzee_b Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, it's back to school for the kids from a lovely relaxing week off, just about managed to drag them out of bed. Everyone have a lovely day.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join please! Hi from Dartford, Kent :drinker:
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Oh, for those of you who haven't been to the Team UK thread before - it's not so much a challenge as a support group. So you can set your own challenges (or just tell us about you or your day!) and keep us updated. It's just nice to be able to talk about stones and food from Tesco :)
  • hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Oh, for those of you who haven't been to the Team UK thread before - it's not so much a challenge as a support group. So you can set your own challenges (or just tell us about you or your day!) and keep us updated. It's just nice to be able to talk about stones and food from Tesco :)

I do get confused when people mention shops I've never heard of lol!!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am defo in. I have been very lax the last couple of weeks. Back to get my body going on again. My challenge this month is half a stone loss or close to that and a size 14-16 hips. Gonna start a new Jillian DVD tomorrow, order my new inner tube to fix my bike and go swimming 3 times a week. xx
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options

I do get confused when people mention shops I've never heard of lol!!

Yep, and I love being able to look at my Team UK friend's diaries and think 'I CAN try that!!'
  • Les_Lamb57
    Les_Lamb57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in please
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Wow!! 1st Nov already?!! Where does the time go?

Almost started my holiday countdown - 5 weeks, 2 days and then I'm flying out to Australia for 2 whole weeks!!! Gonna celebrate my birthday in style for once!!! LOL :laugh: Have promised my folks and family I'll be back for Xmas and New Year :drinker:

Hope we all have a good November!!!
    x :flowerforyou:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    is it really november already? hmmm guess i should start thinking about christmas, parents have sort of confirmed they will be visiting us for christmas just don't know how long for yet (depends on my mums shifts), so got to start thinking bout what to feed them, normally a simple task but dad is awaiting treatment for gallstones so is on a restrictive diet, what he's actually restricted to i'm not quite sure, his gp told him to eat this and the hospital have told him to eat that and i'm looking on the interweb and getting some serious conflicting info so i'm confused, but he's back at the hospital early december so hopefully we will be able to come up with something.

in the mean time if anyone has any info, please share with me lol
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    5 weeks, 2 days and then I'm flying out to Australia for 2 whole weeks!!!

Yay! Where are you going in Australia? Such a loooooooong trip that I have done too many times but it is worth it in the end I think (not that many but still too many - I guess I've done it 6 times?). Have you been before?
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    dad is awaiting treatment for gallstones so is on a restrictive diet, what he's actually restricted to i'm not quite sure

Not really something I deal with a lot but I'm pretty sure that there is no proven benefit to diet for gallstones. If he is waiting on surgery then they could be wanting him to lose some weight? Or the advice could be some of the old school advice which is mostly restricting fat severely (and sometimes sodium). Hope that helps. Edited to add that I am a registered dietitian in case you didn't know :)