help! i'v lost my drive

Options
I've been doing really well for the last mth or so, i've lost about 3kg and have been exercising on a regular basis. My farmer husband has been really busy latley and we rarley see him, so its just me and the 5 kids. i'm tired, i want chocolate, a big bowl of pasta, someone else to pack the school lunches, something for my headache and a big glass of wine! I have already had 2 bread rolls with butter this afternoon because i cant find any chocolate or wine in the house! Didn't go to the gym today. i just feel like giving up. Right now fat looks like a happier option.

Replies

• billingsgaye
    billingsgaye Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh thats sounds terrible but dont give up you'll feel worse. It is tough when you've learnt to use food as a comfort but its a false comfort. I have the same behaviour so understand. Its great that you are expressing your feelings, better than food. Good luck getting back on track, I am sure you can do it.:flowerforyou:
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Dont give up, think of all the reasons you are doing it and you MUST keep going.

Go for a walk / play with the kids, anything to take your mind off eating.

Good Luck , Im sure you can do it. x
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hang in there - this feeling will pass! It sounds as if you need some serious (non-food) comfort and some time for yourself! Do you have any special (non-food) pass-times? At times like this I like to escape for a while into a good film or book... possibly with a (low-cal) hot choc (though a teaspoon of something alcoholic in this does make it even m ore of a relaxing treat and really helps banish a stress headache!) Phoning friends is good too - catching up on things is wonderfully distracting and a chat is so cheering. When alone, knitting helps keep my hands busy and motivates me to keep them away from sticky/buttery things) Planning for the future (a holiday/ an outfit for your slim self) can help. So can thinking of a good intention plan for the gym etc. - starting tomorrow. Motivation for the long term is difficult - everyone finds it a struggle at times. Just keep in m ind that this is a 'blip' and your determination is still there. You will feel strong again soon.:smile:
  • fdgetter
    Options
    Keep going! I find solace in long walks while listening to Christian/Gospel music. Don't let temporary setbacks stop you! You are in control! Great job thus far!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Three kilos in a month is brilliant, especially considering your workload. I havent got any advice really, sorry, just wanted to acknowledge your progress and to say that I also know the absent partner school lunch so tired omg wheres the wine moment well.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has those days. And it's okay to indulge in those feelings sometimes (I had 2 glasses of wine myself last night). Just make sure that those moments and those feelings don't rule your life. You don't have to deprive yourself of everything - why not get a bit of dark chocolate and treat yourself to a little bit? It won't ruin your day.

Or you can even take a whole day to relax (in moderation) - then the next day you can get back on the wagon. It's impossible to be perfect 100% of the time!

Hang in there...hopefully you can get some time for yourself soon!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    all things in moderation.... including DIET! hang in there. you can do this..... be kind to yourself... take a bubble bath. :-)
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, some great advise. i am feeling much beter today, and back on track, i was overwhelmed by the resopnse i got, i thought i was just being a winge and everyone would treat it as such. thanks heaps: