Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Wow...you can do it!!!!! :happy:
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    That's the right decision. You will look back on this day and think "WTF? Why did I wait so long?"

(I quit a long time ago and am very, very glad that I did!)

You're making two very significant changes in your life — weight loss and no smoking. Those are two of the most important things you can do to improve your health. Congratulations!
  • akgirl42
    akgirl42 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am having my last one too. Hopefully I will put the bloody patch on tomorrow morning. I wish you luck. It is not easy quitting...done it before many times....:) you can add me and we can support each other :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. . I was the worst smoker ever . . I used the Walmart brand Nicoderm CQ patch. . It worked great. . It really helps a lot. .

And drink lots of water when you quit. . I wish you all the luck. prayers are with you.
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the big life style changes!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Get through tomorrow. Then tackle the next day. You've clearly got the will power to get this done!! :)
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you. I had an incentive when I quit, I was pregnant. My son will be 25 in Dec. Even through all the ups and downs in my life, I NEVER went back. You need a cheering section, add me.......
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I quit 105 days ago and have never looked back! The first few days are pretty bad but after that, you may find that the withdrawal was so bad you don't want to smoke again. Stay away from alcohol for a few weeks and realize you have to relearn how to be smoke-free at many points in your life.

Good luck!
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    congrats on making this great decision! i wish you the best of luck!
    i know this isn't quite the same, but starting tomorrow, i am cutting all sugars (except those found naturally in fruits and vegetables) out of my diet...so here goes the last piece of candy! (until Christmas, that is...). i know we can do it!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I quit 10 years ago after watching my dad die of lung cancer. It's not a fun way to go out. For you or to put your loved ones through. So you are doing the right thing!
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Quitting is NOT easy. I was lucky, I quit when I got pregnant and never looked back BUT its not easy. However it is the best decision you can do for your body and yourself! You have no idea how much better I feel since I quit! You can do it! We are here for you :)
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It will be hard at first, but you will feel a lot better once you get through it! Cheers to you for making a new life style change!
  • destinysativatank
    Options
    You can do this!! Today is my 2 month anniversary of not smoking, and it feels amazing! Good Luck :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    One day at a time!! It is the best decision you'll ever make! Get yourself a jar and start putting the money you would've spent on smokes into it...You'll find you will save a load of cash that you would otherwise have burnt literally!!

Good luck!! :drinker:
  • stormbaby
    stormbaby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've just quit too, it's only Day 9 but I already feel liberated. Not easy, but you can do it. Add me if you like :)
  • jilliebean2012
    Options
    Good luck!!!!!!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Find other things to occupy your mind and your fingers when you are in any situation where you would normally light up. Suck on sugar free candys. Drink LOTS of water.
  • TYME4ME2CHANGE
    Options
    I am 1 year, 11 months, 2 weeks and 1 day SMOBER.. after being held captive by that nicodemon for over 40 years.. I stopped Cold Turkey and did not have a hard time ((My husband said I never became short with him or get frustrated.And he is a smoker)). Totally unexpected..It is what you make it.. I went to the becomeanex.org for support..I met alot of wonderful quit buddies that really helped. Best advise ever,,,,, NOPE...((( Not One Puff Ever ))) You can do this!! God Bless..
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can do it-- try not to think that you'll never smoke again - that is pretty overwhelming.

Just think about going without one for today, or even this hour. You'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Good luck!!
  • iaho1976
    Options
    I'm half way through week 3 of quitting and I already can't remember that last smoke, clealry smoking wasn't as great a I thought it was as there are lots of other things in these 3 weeks that I can remember. Just know that its the best decision you will ever make and keep going..... Good Luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!