Xmas weight loss

Options
What is a realistic goal i can set myself to loose in time for Christmas? I'm currently 185lb at 5ft 1.

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    That depends on your daily routine and prior weight loss habits. I had vowed to lose five pounds last month but fought REALLY hard to get past the plateau I'd been on for months! I had to bust out more cardio and focus on protein... the protein aspect had taken me three or four months to figure out :/
  • Katzilla82
    Options
    I'd say anywhere from 16-24lbs . Of course you'd have to eat clean and work hard for it.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm going to try to lose 7-10lbs. I have 20 more to lose and this will be hard with all the food the holidays bring and I find it hard to get motivated when the weather gets cold
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think about a pound per week is realistic. Some people can do more, it depends on a lot of factors.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in to say that I really want the Cookie Monster cupcake in your avatar
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    ChristinaMcKeever Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It all depends on you.. I would say 5 to 10 pounds good luck to you :) i set my weight loss to lose 5 pounds a month sometimes i do and sometimes i dont it depends on my eating and workouts, i try to workout at least 4 times a week and try to burn 300 to 400 calories... You can do this..... :)
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in to say that I really want the Cookie Monster cupcake in your avatar

I want it too!!! LOL!!!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    They say you shouldn't lose more than 1 to 2 pounds per week, except for the first week or two sometimes a person will lose more due to water weight.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set for 5lb for xmas, but I am a slow loser. i reckon 5-10 would be a good goal
  • Neoneko
    Neoneko Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    THanks for the info guys I think im going to set myself a goal of 8lbs.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Just realize it is a goal, and if you lose say, 6 pounds, you're still doing great!