WOMEN! Any body else an APPLE? (Pic)

Options
2»

Replies

• Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am not an apple shape but my mother is and has been skinny all her life until mid 50's now she is battling the middle bulge but a professional told her for her body type to do lots of cardio with two to three sessions of core training. Core training is planks, sit-ups, laying down bicycles, leg lifts, and crunches. try it you will notice a pretty quick change in your mid section. Hope this helps.

I agree with this ^ seems to be the only way to tackle stubborn belly bulge! I'm doing some Insanity workouts HUGE focus on CORE. It's worked wonders
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all don't know how reassuring it is to hear the 'issues' you all have as well! I thought the reason for my muffin top was because I was buying the wrong cut of pants. It doesn't matter how loose the jeans are I still have a muffin top (the ones in the pic are 14 and I went window shopping the other day, found out I'm in a 12 now).

I will definitely start working those core exercises. I'm currently doing cardio because that's what I enjoy/get most satisfaction doing.
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am an apple aswell, I am also 5'7. I carry my weight in my stomach and right now i am trying to loose the "Mommy Tummy" still, I hate my muffin tops! I just try and do crazy cardio!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely an apple shape too, and it sucks, except for the gorgeous legs part. I will probably have to lower my goal as well, but I'm nowhere near close enough to tell. I'm glad you posted, though. It's nice to know I'm not alone in the skinny legs/no butt tribe! =)
  • hate2run
    hate2run Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I also am an apple shape. Always seem to have a tire around my middle! I lose weight and always still have it....
    I am in the process of doing INSANITY. I did the fitness test yesterday. I have heard it is very hard, but I have seen
    the before and after results which are very inspiring. This really works your core area so I want to see how much of
    a difference it will make. I am only 5'4" inches and also am short waisted.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yep...I too am an apple.
    I'm around 5'8" and carry my weight in my stomach although it is starting to shrink...just not quick enough lol
    just gotta keep trying & lotts of cardio....one day we'll get there =)
  • amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Same build too, it's frustrating. I've always had a tummy and then after popping out three huge boys via c-section I have wrecked ab muscles plus tons of hanging skin that only gets worse when I get thinner. When I reach my goal weight and maintain for awhile I think I'm getting a tummy tuck!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    at least people with apple shaped are easy to shed of their weight... me? ... sigh.. i wanna just "CHOP" off my fatty thighs and *kitten*!
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm an apple. There are NO HIPS IN MY FAMILY. I'm an even WORSE apple after having a baby.

I'm like an orange or a grapefruit. I'm working on that gut but when I gain weight I look pregnant! I gain weight like a man. Then I have food babies.

Thankfully I'm leaving that stage. No more FOOD BABIES.

Here, I have pics...

at 178 http://patasdegallina.posterous.com/photo-update

and at 167 http://patasdegallina.posterous.com/photo-update-50001

I'm trying to keep posting progress every 10 lbs. You do NOT want to see the pics of me in the 200s. :noway:
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Wow, you all don't know how reassuring it is to hear the 'issues' you all have as well! I thought the reason for my muffin top was because I was buying the wrong cut of pants. It doesn't matter how loose the jeans are I still have a muffin top (the ones in the pic are 14 and I went window shopping the other day, found out I'm in a 12 now).

I will definitely start working those core exercises. I'm currently doing cardio because that's what I enjoy/get most satisfaction doing.

*snort* I was a size 10 several yrs ago and still had a freakin muffin top, unless I was willing to wear totally baggy jeans/shorts. Which I'm not. I dont like having to pull my pants up all day nor does the 'I pooped my pants' look appeal. At the time I was a 10 I wasnt doing ANY exercise, except running my tail off waiting tables. This time I'm doing sit ups along with other exercise in an effort to flatten my tummy. oohhh an do you also have that issue where you have a giant 'gap' right in the center of your back, even in jeans you can barely button? :grumble:
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I guess I would be considered an apple, never have had a waist no matter what my weight is... Built more like a boy than anything else!!! I measure just about the same all the way down. So wish I had a cute bottome and a small waist,:grumble: nver going to happen so just h ave to make do with what God gave me!!!!!:heart:
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple too.. Last time I lost a lot of weight my belly and waist were the places my body seemed to save for last... didn't do ANY real exercise though so I guess that made it worse. Now I know that exercise is a MUST.
    Everytime I put on more weight it goes directly to the tire around my mid section, and I can't even count all the times people have asked me if I'm pregnant... Now I just say "no, I'm just fat"... :grumble:
  • CrystalFlury
    Options

*snort* I was a size 10 several yrs ago and still had a freakin muffin top, unless I was willing to wear totally baggy jeans/shorts. Which I'm not. I dont like having to pull my pants up all day nor does the 'I pooped my pants' look appeal. At the time I was a 10 I wasnt doing ANY exercise, except running my tail off waiting tables. This time I'm doing sit ups along with other exercise in an effort to flatten my tummy. oohhh an do you also have that issue where you have a giant 'gap' right in the center of your back, even in jeans you can barely button? :grumble:

Yeah, I've noticed what's most upsetting is in the past I could fit my legs and butt into small jeans but my so-called waist didn't fit into them (can't button). I swear, us apples are the most unlucky when it comes to clothes. The whole wear an empire-style shirt/dress is unflattering in my opinion because it makes us appear pregnant!!
  • sonicat
    Options
    I have a very similar body shape to you,soz no pics yet,you look great !
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Same build too, it's frustrating. I've always had a tummy and then after popping out three huge boys via c-section I have wrecked ab muscles plus tons of hanging skin that only gets worse when I get thinner. When I reach my goal weight and maintain for awhile I think I'm getting a tummy tuck!

Yep, I had a tummy even when I was a healthy weight before kids---then I had three huge babies & 3 c-sections so I have the wrecked muscles and excess skin too. I so wish I could get a tummy tuck as I think it's the only way this mess of mine can be eliminated--unfortunately I don't think that will happen.
  • CrystalFlury
    Options
    Bump!
  • CrystalFlury
    Options
    Bumping for any of those folks who check MFP after work!