30 days without a scale and proof that the scale "lies"

Options
13»

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    The scale lie....and sometime the mesuring tape lie too. I do not want to pimp my blog but I did an experiement. I mesured, weight myself and took a picture of my belly for 2 months. I didn't lose any weight, didn't lose any inches but the picture clairely show that my belly is flatter!!! If you want to see the pics they are here :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Yanicka1/view/the-scale-lie-and-so-does-the-mesuring-tape-163954

It's not because we can mesure the changes that change does not happen LOL
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I definitely see changes. I am hating the scale today so thanks for posting this!
  • Jennrz
    Jennrz Posts: 32
    Options
    Wow what a difference in 30 days! Congratulations!!!! Thank you for posting your story and pics, you are a great inspiration!!!
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well done you and thank god, I measured two inches smaller on my waist but as the scales had gone up I assumed I had just measured incorrectly the first time round... maybe not now!
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure we share one brain. i hear myself when I read your writing. I would be so much better off if I got rid of the damn thing too. So - are you keepign it at your moms house? Or allowing her back in?
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Woohoo wtg on the inches lost...I hate the scale...it's my worst enemy. Thank you for this post!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The scale has been an enemy for me too! But the tape measure hasn't been much better. I know my clothes are fitting differently but no changes in a while. I've went from weighing every day to once a week... I'm weaning myself LOL. Thanks for sharing your thoughts & there is a difference! GO YOU!
  • HouseHoldSix
    Options
    AMEN, sister! The scale is EVIL. You go girl!
  • Lalaskiss
    Options
    Of course I can see it! C'mon on lol, GREAT JOB!!!! Keep it up =)
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference! Congrats on your tremendous willpower to get rid of the evil lying scale...and thanks for proving to the rest of us (who have been made slave to the evil lying scale) that this journey is not all about the lbs. :) Keep it up!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your comments ... I'm glad I was able to inspire some of you and you all have motivated me into November!! Have a great month!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!