new to web site but not dieting

Options
Hello everyone,
I am new to this web site but not to dieting, I have been up and down all my life. I am the heaviest I have ever been and I am at it again. I have entered by food intake for 3 days now and I find it is really helping. I am being called to take one day at a time, the 60 lbs I need to lose is too big to think about, both the rewards and the sacrifices, all at once, so here I am on Day 3 and feeling strong and healthy and good on 1200 cal and my one mile walk a day. I will add more each day as I feel led, but am vowing to get through one day only, I think I truly am an addict, check that, I know I truly am a food addict. Can't quit eating so each day I will learn how to beat my addiction and get healthy.
Willbethin:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• willbethin
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to this web site but not to dieting, I have been up and down all my life. I am the heaviest I have ever been and I am at it again. I have entered by food intake for 3 days now and I find it is really helping. I am being called to take one day at a time, the 60 lbs I need to lose is too big to think about, both the rewards and the sacrifices, all at once, so here I am on Day 3 and feeling strong and healthy and good on 1200 cal and my one mile walk a day. I will add more each day as I feel led, but am vowing to get through one day only, I think I truly am an addict, check that, I know I truly am a food addict. Can't quit eating so each day I will learn how to beat my addiction and get healthy.
    Willbethin:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Copswife0819
    Options
    Good luck to you! Remember that this is not a diet it's a lifestyle change! Stay positive and don't get discouraged! Remember you have lots of support and cheerleaders at this site!!! :smile: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • lanasgurl
    lanasgurl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Best wishes! I have found sitting mini-goals helps keep your mind off the mountain you feel you are climbing. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: