Eat a healthy snack when not hungry?

Options
Hi All,

Today I packed myself a healthy lunch with sandwich and carrots and also packed grapes for a snack in the afternoon. I am feeling good after my lunch, but am wondering (hope this isn't dumb) should I eat my grapes for a snack even if I'm not very hungry, to get me through my cycling class or should I just skip them and save them for tomorrow?
Any advice?

Replies

• annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    id save them for tomorrow; or having it later (you might be hungry in a hour?).
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would eat them ~30-45 min before your cycle class. Personally, I get hungry during the class if I don't have something to fuel beforehand.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I would eat them ~30-45 min before your cycle class. Personally, I get hungry during the class if I don't have something to fuel beforehand.

^this^
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would eat them anyway, you will need the energy for your workout.

Keep in mind that hunger is not the best indication of your body's nutritional requirements. You could drink 4000 cals and hit all your macros and still be hungry but not need any more energy, or you could eat all veggies and be full on 800 cals but not meet all your macros.
  • fen813
    Options
    Of course. If it will help with your blood sugar and help you perform better in a spinning class, theres nothing wrong with that.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I say if you're not hungry, save them for later.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • anniep101
    Options
    According to my trainer, if you leave more than 3 hours between refuelling your body it will go into starvation mode and start to store fat. By making more frequent, but smaller and healthier, fuel top ups you will actually encourage your body to burn the fat off.
    Seems to be working for me.