SPARTANS: No Excuses - Chat Thread - Week 1 [CLOSED]

Options
2»

Replies

• julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love the extra challenge too, especially this one as it is one of the things I am better at :)

I did my shred today and have done pretty well so far--I haven't posted my measurements on the check in thread yet but I will tonight. I noted them last night, but forgot to bring the post it to work :)

I am so excited to be a part of the group to stay motivated. I've been working on my health/weight for 6 weeks now and the enthusiasm was beginning to wane . . . but not anymore!

have a great first day of the rest of your life, folks!
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water, this is perfect for me :)

Thanks for the challenges, they will make this month even funnier :D

I'm ready to kick my own butt in november, 21st is my 10th wedding anniversary (and our 17th year together anniversary), so that should be enough motivation!!! :heart:

Have fun you all!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Okay, so totally completed day one a whole 6 cals under my goal :) Barely any exercise and I am already 22 miles behind where I should be but I will make it up, only another 600 miles to go. I have had about 9 or 10 glasses of water Today though!

BTW, I just wanted to say that Gnome Mage is <3 Horde, pah! Anyway I don't play WoW any more, I quit online gaming 3 years ago when I took up cycling!

Congratulations to all the other Spartans that hit their targets Today - wooohoo!!
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Day 1 and I got in my 30 minutes of excercise plus got 100oz of water in.....ready for tomorrow
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I need to drink more water...still have couple of more hours to go....will try to get there...you guys are all doing well...keep it up ;-)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hey team, I got my 100oz in and it almost killed me, but I did it. Yay me.
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - just finished getting in the last of my 100 oz of water. ;)
    100 oz water - check
    3 mile walk - check
    Slim-n-Six - check
    Journal - check

Day 1 complete - me tired and heading off to bed. Hope all much success on tomorrow's goals and challenges.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Totally missed day one. :( Been sick this weekend and not on MFP. I am somewhat better now though. Will do my best for day 2.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Sarah - I am currently writing military science fiction. This year's Nano is about - ready? - Spartans. I am a video gamer on top of everything else, and the boys I hang out with (I run the website) have become real life friends. We've been a gaming clan for 7 years and we meet up regularly. Our main game was Halo, the microsoft XBOX game about how these super soldiers are created by the guv'ment to battle a huge group of aliens. Modded humans. I started fooling around with some funny stories about the people in my clan and it blew up into a serious novel, so that's what I'm looking to finish and maybe shop around to get published. I just published a synopsis and excerpt on my Nano profile.

So yea, I'm all about Spartans.

Very cool. I don't do much gaming, and I am, honestly, not much of a writer. I'm more of a blogger. LOL
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    LOL....someone asked me if it stood for public relations..however, now that you mentioned license plate, it does look like one. You can call me Lisa. I guess I should look into changing it. When I started MFP I never intended on making friends or posting on the boards which is why I chose an awkward user name.

LOL! I did the same thing! When I signed up I used my first initial and last name for my login, not realizing there was a whole community here and that people wouldn't know what to call me! I ended up changing it, obviously! :)
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Just got back from my working out. I ran 3/4 mile and walked 1 3/4. It was a slow pace but I RAN!!! YAYAYYAYYA

Slow running is still running!! Running is super hard, and it takes work to build up that endurance. Good for you for doing it at all!! It's something to be proud of, absolutely!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    I drink lots of water, this is perfect for me :)

Thanks for the challenges, they will make this month even funnier :D

I'm ready to kick my own butt in november, 21st is my 10th wedding anniversary (and our 17th year together anniversary), so that should be enough motivation!!! :heart:

Have fun you all!

Congrats on 10/17 years!!! :D
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi all. The naming of the threads is confusing people! This topic is CLOSED.

See the new chat topic here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/382885--group-full-spartans-no-excuses-november-chat-wk-1

Sorry for the confusion! I'll get it right:)
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Guess I should post my own update?

I ended up finishing off 13 glasses of water. Ran 3.5 miles (96.5 to go...). And wrote 1,587 words... LOL.

I had to drop 30 Day Shred from my goals. I started it last night and quickly remembered why I hated it so much before. It's so hard on the knees, and I hate the exercises she has you do. If I am planning to aim for 100 miles of running this month, I cannot be doing something that is so hard on my knees. I considered coming up with something to take it's place, but I think I have committed to too much this month, so I really should just leave it where it is now. :)
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Hi all. The naming of the threads is confusing people! This topic is CLOSED.

See the new chat topic here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/382885--group-full-spartans-no-excuses-november-chat-wk-1

Sorry for the confusion! I'll get it right:)

If there is a new one every day, I will not be participating in the chat threads. I don't have time to spend in here throughout the day, so I would only be able to comment once and then I wouldn't be back until the next day most likely. That's not much in the way of chat for me.
  • kateland
    Options
    Thread is closed everyone! I renamed the thread so it's not confusing people. Please continue week 1 chatter here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/382885--group-full-spartans-no-excuses-november-chat-wk-1

Also, I've posted DAY TWO's challenge!
  • kateland
    Options
    No, there will not be a new thread every day. I've gotten quite a few messages of people who thought [CLOSED] meant the thread was no longer available. It just means group full. I don't want to chase down a million threads either...my day is busy enough! :)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Are any of you doing a blog while you train? It might be quite inspirational to follow one another.

Shannon