What do you do with your hair at the gym?

Options
I have a choppy, chin lengthed bob and I don't know what to do with it at the gym...It's too short to pull into a ponytail (which used to be my favorite) and headbands give me a headache. I have a lot of hair -- so I've been pulling it half-way up, but it's huge and wild and looks pretty ridiculous. I was just wondering what do you do with your hair!?

Replies

• KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    www.bicbands.com
    They don't move and have never given me a headache!
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    Aah, I feel like I could have written this. My hair is also chin length and is so thick and textured and will not be contained by bobby pins. I swear I spend 25% of my time at dodgeball shoving it off my face.

Hope someone has a miracle cure!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    pigtails! my hair is long now but when i was shorter, i'd pull as much as i could into pigtails. worked pretty well.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to tie a folded bandana over the front of your hair? That's what I do when my hair is longer - but nowhere near long enough for a ponytail. Then you can adjust the bandana so it doesn't squeeze too tightly. Good luck!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    how about a hat
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Shaved it, no problems since. Sorry had to put it out there.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Shaved it, no problems since. Sorry had to put it out there.
    I've been thinking about shaving mine... didn't even think about this as a perk! Good call!
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i wear a bandana...my hair is short and choppy too, and headbands dont stay so i just wear a bandana
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Buff Coolwear Headband. It's made out of soft, moisture wicking fabric. It's thick enough to keep your hair out of the way and keep the sweat off your face and out of your eyes. I couldn't live without them!!!

http://www.planetbuff.com/UV-Headband-Buff
  • mabella17
    Options
    www.sweattbands.com I LOVE these bands. They stay put in your hair and are non slip like the cheap-o ones you buy in the store.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I rock the pigtails. My hair is longer but if I do a regular ponytail it gets in the way with bench/incline stuff. So, pigtails it is. Pretty sure my husband is embarrassed when I lift with him.
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Bandana! I got a bunch of them. Since they get pretty sweaty it's good to have a couple so you can have clean ones. $1 at walmart
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    A girl I workout with in the gym sometimes wears baseball hats/caps. Seems to work pretty well for her.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    omg i'm loving some of these suggestions -- on the way to the gym right now, in pigtails. still looks ridiculous, but hopefully they don't fall out :laugh: when i get home though, i'm buying some of these things!!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My is about chin length in the front and really short in the back. I pull what I can back into a pony tail and wear a sweat band. I know I look like a dork, but I don't care.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You can always braid it.
  • BeautyisBeingU
    BeautyisBeingU Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I always ware a hat when working out.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love my buff... someone previously posted the website. I don't know how I ever worked out without it.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bandanna for me. Keeps the sweat coming down as much.