No Scale November

Options
I'm the type of person who likes to weigh in everyday. I like to see my fluctuations and I feel it keeps me in check. I don't really let myself get worked up over the number. However, the times I go a week or so without getting on the scale and see a bigger loss it feels like more of an accomplishment. The challenge is to not get on the scale for the month of november. (There was a similar challenge on tumblr for october.) Measure yourself in other ways. Go off how you feel. We may be surprised to see how much we've lost when we step on the scale December 1st. Is anyone with me?

Note: This will only work if we still eat right and exercise. Logging would still be beneficial as it is going to be the best way to know we're eating right.

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'll join, only if I can check the scale on the 27th, because it's my birthday :)
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I want to try this....because I know realistically that a scale is not the good way to measure success. In fact, I've started to take measurments, but I wonder if I should put that on hold as well... :)
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am IN! I desperately need to get rid of this habit.

Though I might just have to move the scale to the attic or lock it in the cupboard (then subsequently throw the key away... well you see where I am going with this.
  • healthy_KT
    healthy_KT Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'll join, only if I can check the scale on the 27th, because it's my birthday :)

I think that'll be acceptable. lol.

Yayy we got a few people!!
  • gleechick609
    Options
    This is going to be tough..... i tried ditching the scale in September but it did not work... :(
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi i just got told about this post since tryin to start the same thing. I'm in anyway :)
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    Options
    So are we using this post as our "OMFG I WANNA CHECK THE SCALE SO BAD!!!!!" type of treatment? :) LOL

And... I confess... I got on the scale before bed last night (at 4am) to do my final check in before December 1st. Did anyone else?
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    EASY i didnt weigh for four months!
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This is going to be really hard but I'm going to try it
  • healthy_KT
    Options
    So are we using this post as our "OMFG I WANNA CHECK THE SCALE SO BAD!!!!!" type of treatment? :) LOL

And... I confess... I got on the scale before bed last night (at 4am) to do my final check in before December 1st. Did anyone else?

Yes! We can support each other's scale addiction recovery. (Hello, my name is Katie and I'm addicted to the scale. lol)

And I didn't only because I was at my parent's house and I don't like their scale.
  • JasonWCNewcomb
    Options
    I like this.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    Options
    I swear my scale secretly hates me. I accidentally dropped a bottle of body wash on it, and every time I get on it, it gives me a different weight, no matter if I just weighed myself 10 seconds ago, or 10 minutes ago.

However, if my hubby weighs in,... it's constant.

Stupid..... &@*#&*#..... ugh.

Yeah, it'll feel good to get a separation from it.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    oh dis is gonna be so hard for me :(:embarassed:

i'm in.... i really need to get over this addiction with the scale...i check it several times a day...... :embarassed:

i'm In....... :drinker: :indifferent:
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm in!! I know I'm overweight...don't need the scale to remind me...for me this is about changing bad habits and developing better ones. For me it's not just about the number on the scale, its for better health. To not have my little boy ask me if I'm just chubby or does a baby live in my belly. To be able to run and play with my kids without feeling like I'm going to die. I'm thirty one yrs old and my mother is terminally ill with COPD, (no she never smoked), and she'll be 52 yrs old this month. I hate it, and don't want my children to face this same issue in another 20 yrs, just because I was lazy and chose not to live healthy. No scale in Nov. it's about being healthy!!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Morning all this is going to be so hard! I also did a final weigh in as I had been away from my scales for the last week! I think I'm going tp have to move them from my bedroom as the temptation is to great lol
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I know it was only one day, but I wasn't even tempted to get on the scale today. woo hoo! I'm sure tomorrow will be a lot harder. Taking measurements is okay though, right? :D
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Can i join please.

I check the scale every morning and every night, which isnt a good idea :)

When i weighed in yesterday i was 12stone 6 lbs

So next weight in 1 st December
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm I weigh in every Friday & for me I look forward to it because it almost gives me the drive to work harder the next week...however like someone posted b4 it should b about getting fit n healthy n not about the #... I agree and ill admit that attitude has left me. I've been greedy about my #s & have been working hard just for Friday weigh in... I wanna get back my focus on the big picture and I think no scale for a month might do the trick! So ill join & I'm not gonna lie its gonna b tough for me because I will so desperately want to know that I'm staying on track!! Its gonna take a whole lot of faith and trust in myself daily to stay focused & do my best! Its not about the # its about getting fit & healthy! I love it I'm in!! :flowerforyou:
  • tayla78
    tayla78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late to see this but I'm in too :smile:

It's a great idea, I was supposed to check on Friday's only but I keep checking every day :frown:

11758899.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • healthy_KT
    Options
    It was so hard not to get on the scale today. But I just ate breakfast and that helped. I won't get on after I've eaten because I know that will affect the weight.